eighteen

sorae knows pretty well that her and alcohol weren't a good combination. still, she has already drunk more than she should have, partially because she's mad at renjun for lying to her and as an attempt to avoid talking to jaemin who's sitting right in front of her.

jaemin has been sipping on the same martini. first alcohol isn't good for him, it makes him do stupid things and the next day he's dying from a hangover. second, he has to drive back home and he's not trying to go the police station on a school night.

sorae's sitting on the bar stool along with jaemin, jaemin is really surprised that she didn't leave the bar right after seeing him. she's there though, her thigh pressed right against his, even though there's a lot of space for her to move on the other stools.

jaemin glances at his best friend, trying, and surely succeeding, at not being noticed.

"why do you hate me so much?" sorae slurs and gazes at jaemin, resting her flushed cheek on her hand. "what did i d—" she hiccups, "to youuuu."

"who said i hate you? i could never hate you."

"i know you hate me, it breaks my fucking heart."

"you're drunk," jaemin concludes and sighs.

"i'm not!" sorae retorts back, but her flushed cheeks and neck is just one of the obvious signs that she is.

"you smell of alcohol, you drank 6 glasses i think, i'm not dumb." he helps the drunken girl to get off from her stool.

sorae puckers her lips, eyes hooded. she hardly drinks alcohol. as far as jaemin knows, this is probably the 4th time sorae has been drunk. the first one was back in high school when her, jeno and yejin snuck out. jaemin wouldn't forget that day when yejin sent him a video of drunken sorae peeling off the screen protector of her phone and putting it back again. second time was when sorae sneaked in her dad's bottles of vodka, which were consumed late at night in jaemin's room while his grandma thought they were busy doing their physics project. it's kind of amusing from how adorable she looked like, but compare to now, it's different.

jaemin's twists his arm around the drunken girl's waist who in return leans over his weight and breathes.

sorae's silly smile doesn't fade. her arm curled tightly around jaemin's torso.

"i'll drive you home. get in."

"because you hate me?" sorae slurs again, while jaemin tries his best to fix the seatbelt around her waist. her voice lowers, "is that why you want to drop me so quick?"

jaemin's eyes droop, "i seriously don't hate you, i promise."

the car was silent, only the radio playing latest pop hits and the sound of the cars outside could be heard. jaemin made a quick mental note to go home right after dropping sorae off and send jeno some death threats. he gazes at sorae who's resting her head against the cold glass window.

"i love jaemin." sorae mumbles out of the blue, making jaemin almost drive past the red signal. "i love all the stupid things he does, he's so stupid. i'm in love with a stupid. but he doesn't care abou—

"sorae, you're drunk." jaemin retorts gripping the steering wheel tighter. "you're drunk as fuck, you'll regret these in the morning. you have a fucking boyfriend for god's sake."