twenty four

JAEMIN
do you want dinner

JAEMIN
my treat obviously

SORAE
like after today's show?

JAEMIN
yeah

SORAE
i have plans with
hyuck tho

SORAE
more like he planned
it :(

JAEMIN
i-

JAEMIN
okay then

SORAE
sorry:(

JAEMIN
you guys didn't break
up yet?

SORAE
nah

SORAE
pretty sure i'm gonna
do it soon i don't like hiding
with you 😔

JAEMIN
donghyuck's face when he
finds out.....IM LAUGHING

JAEMIN
i wanna show you off
🥺🥺🥺🥺

SORAE
DONT BE MEAN

JAEMIN
IM SORRY

JAEMIN
i know he's nice but i'm
gonna be petty over the fact
that he insulted ME and my
PARENTS

JAEMIN
the leo in me is
showing

SORAE
i hate you god

JAEMIN
you love me

SORAE
:///////

________

donghyuck double checked the dining room and made sure everything was ready. sorae was on her way back home and should be coming in any minute. the food was cooked and still in the oven or on the stovetop where they'd keep warm until she arrived. donghyuck perked up slightly when he heard the click of the front door lock.

the absolute silence from sorae was weird to donghyuck. usually whenever they'd hangout, she would immediately call out for him after opening the door. he still decided to brush it off, thinking she's probably lethargic after a hectic day.

"in the dining room, love," he called out.

"wait, you did all these?" sorae looked at him.

"yeah, you don't like it?" he asked her. "i'm not really the romantic type and i never thought i would do these but....yeah."

"yeah i like it! thank you." sorae proceeded to give donghyuck a quick hug which lasted for barely a second before resting her back against his dining table chair.

sorae sat more comfortable clothes as donghyuck was heading back to the kitchen for his last trip. "you need any help?" she asked.

"just pour some beer! i'm gonna go get the ramen—

a notification suddenly popped up on her phone.

JAEMIN
miss you:(

JAEMIN
youre coming to
my place after your
dinner right

JAEMIN
i set up the notebook
btw hehe 🥺

SORAE
WHAT REALLY

SORAE
I WAS KIDDING

JAEMIN
well you wanted
to watch so 😏

SORAE
love u

SORAE
ill be there within
an hour bby 🥺

donghyuck smiled. "who texted?"

"oh! it's my classmate. just some project deals don't worry." sorae said placing her phone down. sorae had taken her seat and both glasses had beer. "i can't believe you did this," she said just like what she had earlier.

donghyuck took his seat and gave her smile. "well i did have some help. i bought the chicken and the sides and just kept them hot. i did make the ramen though," donghyuck explained. he wasn't terrible in the kitchen, but he was hardly an expert chef.

"it's sweet of you to do," sorae said. she looked at him carefully. "is there a reason?"

donghyuck sighed and cleared his throat. it was a bit out of the blue and somewhat out of character for him to do all this. "i— i have been nothing but a jerk to you the past few days and....it's kinda frustrating because i'm really not that affectionate and i just really wanna show it. so think of this as my way of showing affection. i really really like you wait no— i love you."

sorae eyes widened and she gasped. "oh. i just — i

"you really don't need to say it back. take your time, i'm gonna wait for you."

in conclusion jaemin
and sorae problematic
as fuck