twenty eight

SORAE found donghyuck at the very corner of the cafeteria, deeply focused on his laptop. her stomach twisted at the sight of him in his team hoodie and his glasses. she sat across him on the table and cleared her throat to get his attention.

"sorae," his voice was rough and empty and she couldn't understand it. donghyuck had been fine not twenty four hours earlier, preparing dinner for her. "i'm breaking up with you,"

"why?" was all sorae said as she looked at him for answers. she saw it coming, but not that soon.

"okay," donghyuck sighed and sat comfortably. "i know you like jaemin and he likes you too. i'm just holding you back from going to him, if that makes sense. i've tried to make you like me a lot, it just didn't work out. so i don't really wanna hurt you or me or even jaemin in this process. holding you back is just gonna make you distant with jaemin an—

"donghyuck i'm sorry," sorae took a deep breathe. "i'm really fucking sorry." she said as hot tears streamed down her cheeks.

"why are you sorry?" donghyuck's words make sorae cry even harder. "sorae, don't cry, you're making me look like an asshole now."

"i'm really fucking sorry donghyuck."

"why are you sorry?" donghyuck asked again and placed his hand on top of hers on the table.

"i-," she takes a deep breath, "i've been seeing jaemin for a while now. i'm sorry. i'm a terribl—

"don't say that, no you're not. i know you were seeing jaemin. i saw your hoodie on his sofa today, it's okay. we're not together anymore, i'm not mad." donghyuck gave her a reassuring smile.

"donghyuck you don't need to be nice to me, i literally cheated on you."

"i know but we broke up now, so what's the point. it's not like you cheated on me with some random guy." donghyuck laughed this time. "also please wipe your tears you look ugly as fuck when you cry."

"i'm sorry i wasted your time." sorae mumbled in a small voice.

"don't worry i enjoyed my time with you." he put a hand on her shoulder, "so can we please stay friends?"

"yeah. friends." sorae sniffed.

"god can you please stop crying, your na jaemin is gonna beat my ass!"