Him - Asra's POV (Age 15)

I wake up in my home again, just like every other day. On a mattress of various animal furs. I sit up and stretch my arms out . I yawn and take a look around the room, I see that Muriel isn't in his bed and Faust is still curled up on a small pillow in the corner. I throw the sheets off of me quickly and rush over to my dresser drawers.

"Hopefully I'm not late again." I say to myself while pulling clothes out of the dresser hastily.

      I change into fresh clothes rather quickly and put on my only pair of sandals. As I change, Faust perks her head up and calls out to me.

"Go to friend?" Faust asks.

"Yup, wanna come today?" I question.

      Faust nods and slithers up my leg. I finish changing and leave the bedroom. I walk to the living room to see Muriel cooking up some breakfast. I go to the table and grab my old messenger bag. I open it and rummage through its contents to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Myrrh, lizard's foot, my jar of spices and my spell book. I close my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" I hear Muriel ask.

"I'll eat once I get there." I say hurriedly, grabbing my scarf and wrapping it around myself.

       Faust slithers up my body and goes under my scarf. I shiver, feeling her cold scales against my neck.

"I'll be back later today." I say towards Muriel.

       I see Muriel nod and I leave the small cottage. I trudge through the thick forest, the cold morning air nipping at my skin. I feel Faust shift under my scarf, probably trying to cover herself from the cold air. Her head pops up from under the scarf and takes a look around the forest.

"Friend?" Faust questions.

"Yeah, we're on our way to see her. You exited?" I ask her.

"Yesss." Faust answers enthusiastically.

       I chuckle at her answer and smile.

"Of course you are, she gives the best chin scratches. Even better than mine, huh?" I ask, Faust hiding back under my scarf as I continue walking through the empty forest.

       It's been a year since me and Y/N have become friends. We've slowly gotten closer and closer over time. So close that people around us believe that we are lovers. We always joke about it but sometimes I can't help but think about if it were true. I always daydream of us having a picnic in an open field. Y/N laying down, her head in my lap, plucking the petals off of a small wild flower as I run my hand through her hair.

       Y/N slowly sits up and looks at me as I cup her face with my hand. She smiles sheepishly with a blush dusted across her face. We slowly lean into each other, getting ready for a kiss. But before we can kiss, Auntie Aurora pulls me away from my daydreaming by yelling at me to go back to work.

       But I can't help it. Seeing her h/l h/c flow in the wind when we're by the docks, or when her e/c eyes light up brighter than the stars when she performs a new spell correctly. How she confidently says what's on her mind no matter what or how she sheepishly smiles when she gets scolded by her aunt. It's hard not to fall for her.

       I finally made it out of the forest and into the town of Vesuvia. I walk through the busy market area, greeted by a few of the locals who visit the shop on my way to there. I finally see the shop in the distance, a small sign announcing that it's open.

       As I continue walking to the shop, I see a familiar figure leaving the shop. I look at the figure closely and see that it's Y/N. I quickly rush over to her and she closes the door behind her.

"G-good morning Y/N." I manage to stutter as she turns to look at me.

"Good morning." Y/N says, greeting me kindly.

       Faust pops her head out from under my scarf and flicks her tongue out.

"Friend!" Faust shouts, earning a smile from Y/N.

"Hello Faust. It's been awhile since I've seen you last." Y/N says, walking closer to me.

         Y/N reaches her hand towards Faust. Faust instinctively raises her head up higher as Y/N scratches her chin. Faust hisses in relaxation and pleasure as Y/N giggles in response.

       As Y/N scratches Faust's chin, I take a closer look at her. She's wearing a blue and white dress with a white apron and cross stitching across her chest.

Y/N's outfit:

       No matter what she wears, she's always beautiful in my eyes

       No matter what she wears, she's always beautiful in my eyes. Y/N stops scratching Faust's chin and looks at me.

"Come on, let's go before I'm late." Y/N states.

       I nod and tuck Faust under my scarf. Y/N gives her leather shoulder bag and starts walking down a stone road. I follow beside her and we talk about random things like the new pumpkin bread the local baker is selling and my magic teachings with Auntie Aurora. We continued talking until we reached a large white building that looked like a church. We see many kids our age standing outside while talking. We walk up to the building and Y/N waves to a group of girls. They wave back at her and she turns to me.

"I'll see you later Asra." She says and walks off to the group of girls.

"See ya." I say, starting to walk off until I feel an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey weirdo, how ya been?!" A loud voice beside me says.

       Great. It's him. Ugh...