Where Our Story Continues - Asra's POV

It's only been a few days since Y/N has awoken but it feels like things went back to normal. We aren't as close as we used to be but it's a step towards the right direction. We have our meals together, clean around the shop together and enjoy a cup of year together. Sometimes when we're cleaning or eating I'll tell her stories of my travels and the amazing experiences I had while exploring. She enjoys them and asks to come with me sometime. I don't want to take her because she could get hurt but I also don't want to bring her along because I need some time to think alone. Having her back is really a blessing but not having her fully is very painful. I know I told myself I would wait and rebuild this relationship with her but it's hard to not just take her into my arms and hold her. To not kiss her sweet lips and play with her soft hair. To not be able to hear the words "I love you" fall from her lips and having it meant for me. It's so hard to not just show my love for her but I don't her to think I'm strange and maybe scare her off. I have to control myself and deal with it.

       I was down in the kitchen looking through the cabinets for some orange tea leaves when a I heard some noises. They sounded like they came from upstairs and sounded muffled so I couldn't hear very clearly. Maybe Y/N is humming to herself? I should go check up on her to make sure she's alright. I start going upstairs and listen for the sound, it sounded as if it's coming from my room. I quietly walk over to my door and put my hand on the knob, turning it silently. I open the door to see Y/N kneeling down on the floor beside my bed. I look next to her and see Faust curled up, flicking her tongue at Y/N.

"What a beautiful snake you are." Y/N says, holding her hand out to Faust.

"Pretty friend!" Faust says, flicking her tongue at Y/N's hand and causes her to giggle.

"I see you met my familiar." I say, closing the door behind me and chuckling slightly.

       Y/N looks up at me and smiles, standing up immediately and straightening out the wrinkles on her clothes.

"I never knew you had such a beautiful snake as a familiar, she's so precious." Y/N says, looking at Faust and smiling.

       I crouch down to Faust and hold out my arm. Faust uncoils herself and wraps around my arm instinctively. I stand up with Faust on my arm as she continues to flick her tongue.

"I've had her for a very long time now, she was a gift." I say, petting Faust's head gently.

       Y/N smiles and walks closer to me, looking at Faust. She scratches Faust's chin gently and smiles as Faust relaxes herself under her touch. I know I might sound insane if I say this but at the moment I'm jealous of Faust, I wish I was in her place.

"I wish I had a familiar like Faust." Y/N says, continuing to scratch her chin.

"Maybe we can find you one soon, it just takes time and patience." I say, looking at her and smiling and she returns the smile with one of her own.

"Now let's go down and enjoy some tea and snacks while you get to know Faust and I a bit better." I say, walking towards the door with Faust in hand.

"I'd like that." Y/N says, following behind me as we go downstairs to the kitchen.

Several Months Later...

       A few months have passed and Y/N and I have gotten significantly closer but we're still not how we used to be. During this time I taught her to utilize her magic, teaching her new spells and potions in case of emergencies and soon she become my apprentice for the shop. But we haven't been able to get closer since I often leave for long trips. Y/N offers to come with me but I decline. Someone has to stay and help with the shop but as for me, I go off just to explore and take some alone time. I know it's selfish of me to leave her all alone with all the responsibilities but sometimes it's difficult to be with her, not because of her but because of what she means to me. Not holding her everyday and showing her how I feel is difficult and if I show her my feelings, I might scare her off and she'll leave me and I don't want to take any chances. So I leave for some time and come back for a little while at a time.

       And this was our routine for the next three years, leaving for a few months, coming back for a few days and leaving again over and over again until our  story began when my precious Y/N was called to come to the palace to catch a certain plague doctor to avenge someone's death for our dear Countess Nadia. The story of how our love blossomed and grew, how we defeated a certain Count and Devil, how we overcome obstacles together, learned new magic, learned that we needed each other more than anything and everything. How I got my family back and made a new one with Y/N and how my life became even more brighter because of a certain apprentice. Y/N, I love you with everything in my being and I hope that our future becomes brighter with every step we take together. Let me the light in your darkness like you were in mine, let me be the shoulder to cry on when you're sad or frustrated, let me be the love of your life and never let me let you go. I love you Y/N, don't ever forget it.

Author's Note: This is not the ending (yet) from this point on it continues on as if you were playing the game just to make it clear if it wasn't already. I have a few more chapters of this book and it will be finished. Thank you all so much for reading!