The Masquerade - Asra's POV

The palace was decorated in gold from top to bottom. There's a mini fountain with wine spilling from each of its spouts. An array of different kinds of foods spread out across multiple tables. Exotic bouquets of flowers placed in large vases on each table. Large dark banners and streamers hanging from balconies and chandeliers. Glitter scattered all over the floor as people step over it and chatter the night away.

I look to my side to see Y/N, looking around the palace in amazement. I smile and squeeze her hand reassuringly so she doesn't believe this is a dream. She looks at me and smiles ever so brightly.

"Let's look around and have some fun." She says, walking away towards the wine fountain, pulling me alongside her.

We walk up to the fountain, watching as some guests drink from their silver chalices. I spot a small table with white table cloth draped over it and empty chalices. I pick up two chalices and hand one to Y/N. We walk over to one of the pouring streams and Y/N holds her chalice up, letting it fill. She steps back and I fill up mine. Y/N takes a small sip of the wine from her chalice and smiles.

"It's really good." She comments, smiling.

I put my chalice to my lips and drink some of the wine. You can barely tell there's any alcohol on it, the sweetness and fruit scent overpowering my senses. I smile at Y/N and nod.

We continue to drink and talk, watching as the other guests spin and dance. I offer a hand to Y/N, wanting to have a dance with her. She sets her chalice down near the fountain and accepts my hand. I lead her to the dance floor, surrounded by dancers.

Y/N is a wonderful dancer. Sometimes I'd catch her humming a tune to herself while dancing along with the broom. She'd catch me staring at time and shy away, making me tease her. Sometimes a festival would be going on near the marketplace and Y/N and I would dance along to the music in the shop, sometimes we'd dance a samba or salsa or we would sway slowly to the soft music. She's a natural.

Y/N and Asra Dancing:

I hold Y/N closely, both of us exhausted from dancing. We stare into each other's eyes and sway slowly to the slow music playing. Y/N wraps her arms around my neck and I place my hands on her waist. We continue to sway, ignoring everything and everyone around us. We stay like this until we hear a booming voice throughout the palace.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Your lovely Count has arrived." I hear from across the room.

I turn to see Count Lucio walking down a grand staircase with a sly smile on his face, he loves the attention whether it's good or bad. Behind him is Countess Nadia, rolling her eyes at the sight of him as she ascends down the staircase. I feel bad for what she has to put up with, being the count's wife.

"I'd like to say you're welcome to everyone who has the pleasure of seeing me-" Lucio says before the music starts, drowning out his voice.

"I guess even the musicians knew the music is better than listening to him brag." I say, making Y/N giggle.

The music soon becomes upbeat and fast. I offer my hand to Y/N once again.

"Another dance my lady?" I ask.

Y/N nods and takes my hand again, smiling.

Y/N and Asra Dancing:

We were a mess when she finally slowed down. Sweating profusely and panting, trying to regain our breath. Dancing like this makes me feel a certain way about her. Not just love but something else, like a burning fiery passion. Y/N clings to me while she pants like her life depended on holding me. I hold her up and smile, moving her hair out of her face. I hear quiet clapping and footsteps moving closer to us.

"You both dance beautifully together." I hear a low voice compliment.

I turn to see Countess Nadia standing before us. She wore a deeply purple and black floor length dress that trailed behind her. Gold accents decorated on her shoes along with gold brackets that cling onto her shoulder and waist. One of her arms exposed with gold bracelets, the other arm covered completely with a black flowing sleeve.

Countess Nadia's Attire:

"Thank you, your highness

"Thank you, your highness." I say, letting go of Y/N and bowing lowly to the Countess.

She waves her hand over me.

"No need for that, I despise when people treat me differently because of my status."

I nod and stand up, taking hold of Y/N's hand. Countess Nadia smiles kindly.

"You two enjoy your night, I have some duties to attend to." She says, looking over to her side to see Count Lucio cackling at some of the guests.

We nod as Nadia strides off. I look at Y/N and smile.

"Let's get some fresh air." I say as she nods in agreement.

I lead her outside to the palace gardens. We make it outside to see a few people out. Y/N walks up to the fountain and exhales deeply. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. She smiles and plays with my hair gently. I chuckle as she continues to play with my hair and letting I cool night breeze tickle our skin.

After a while in the garden I let go of Y/N and turn her towards me.

"Let's go before the Masquerade ends." I say, holding her hand and leading her away from the palace.

We finally arrive back at the shop, entering through the backdoor. Y/N sighs in relief and unties her mask, taking it off and pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Thank goodness we're home, I'm sweating through my mask." Y/N says, fanning herself with her hand.

I chuckle as I take my mask off as well. Y/N goes upstairs and I follow her. We stop in the hallway of our bedrooms and she turns to me, smiling and leaning against the wall.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." She says.

"I did too." I respond, smiling.

I look at her closely, noticing the moon peeking through the window and shining down on her. The moon giving light to her figure. How her attire shaped her figure perfectly. How her hair was slightly messy. How her lips looked so kissable. The feeling I felt when we were dancing was resurfacing. We had never done anything physical before but I really want to go further in our relationship with her.

I walk closer to Y/N, placing my hands on either side of the wall, trapping her. I close the distance between us, kissing her passionately and heavily. I lick the bottom of her lip, this isn't like our usual kisses which were soft and sweet, this was heavier and hotter. After a while I seperate myself from her, looking at her.

"Asra, I-is something wrong?" Y/N says, trying to catch her breath.

"I need you...badly..."