"I Can Explain" - Asra's POV (Age 17)

Two years have passed now. She has finished her studies and had a ceremony at school to celebrate her accomplishment. Once she was done with school, she started helping out around the shop all day everyday.

       Y/N was sweeping the floors as I organize the small jars of herbs by the counter. As I finish organizing the jars, Auntie Aurora walks out from the back room with a customer. Auntie Aurora walks over to the shop's entrance door with the customer and opens the door, causing the bell on top to ring.

"Thank you, have a nice day." Aurora says to the customer and waves as the customer leaves the shop.

       Auntie Aurora closes the door and dusts her hands off. She walks over to the counter and stretches her arms out.

"Finally, our last customer of the day." Aurora says, continuing to stretch.

       I look out of the window, seeing the market area in rush hour and the sun still high in the sky.

"But it's still early outside." I claim, looking at her questionably.

       She shrugs her shoulder nonchalantly and lets her arms fall to her side.

"Eh. It's been a slow day, only two customers and I doubt anymore will come today. Might as well close up for the day." She says, walking over to the door.

       Auntie Aurora flips the open sign over and sighs in satisfaction. She turns over back to me and smiles in relief.

"I'm going to go to the kitchen to make some tea, want some?" Auntie Aurora offers.

"No thank you." I say, declining the offer.

"Suit yourself." She says, walking past me and passing through the beaded curtain

       I grab an old rag from under the counter and walk over to the back room. I open the curtain and spot Y/N off to the side. She's standing with her broom in hand, her chin resting on top of it. A blank stare present on her face. I chuckle while looking at her and walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her waist and peck her cheek softly.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask, looking at her lovingly.

       Y/N shakes her head and snaps back into reality.

"Huh?" Y/N says confused.

       I chuckle again, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I asked what are you thinking about." I say, burying my face in her shoulder and making her giggle.

"Nothing in particular, I just spaced out and lost track of time." She says, scratching her cheek and laughing nervously.

"Why don't you get lost in my eyes instead?~" I say, smiling mischievously at her.

       Y/N snorts and laughs lightly. She pushes me off and sets her broom aside.

"You're such a flirt." Y/N says, continuing to laugh.

       I chuckle and rest my hands on her shoulders, facing her towards me. I slide my hands down to her waist and pull her closer towards me. Y/N slowly trails her hands up my chest and wraps her arms around the back of my neck.

"You know you love me and all of my cheesiness~" I say, rubbing my nose against hers.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I do." She says, her bubbly laughter filling my ears.

       I lean in close and kiss her slowly and she kisses me back, feeling her soft lips against mine. Like a slice of heaven.

       Auntie Aurora doesn't know about us yet. We've been hiding this from her for two years now. We have been sneaking in kisses here and there when Auntie Aurora is busy and I sneak into Y/N's room at night to cuddle and sleep. We want to tell her about us but we're afraid of what she'll say or do. What is she has us split apart?

       Ever since Y/N's parents have passed away and Auntie Aurora took her in, she's been very overprotective. I understand why she does it. She doesn't want to see her get hurt emotionally or physically more than she already is. She wants to protect her, but she can't do it forever. I want to protect her when she can't like I promise before. I want to be there for her when she can't. But she has to realize that for herself sooner or later.

       The sun has set by now and the shop is locked up and secured by many protection spells. Y/N, Auntie Aurora, Faust and I are all in the kitchen. We all ate some spaghetti at a small table in the corner of the kitchen in silence. I finish my plate and picked it up, walking over to the sink and washing it. I look to my side to see Faust perched up on the counter. She flicks her tongue out trying to lick off the remaining tomato sauce that's on her face. I chuckle and continue washing my plate. I finish and grab a rag to dry my hands off with. I pick up Faust and place her under my scarf.

       Auntie Aurora drinks her usual chamomile tea as Y/N gets up from her seat. She grabs her empty plate and walks over to the sink. I stand beside her as she washes her plate and dries her hands off. I smile and wink at her and she smiles back, knowing what I meant by the wink.

"I'm gonna head home now." I say.

"Be safe, watch your surroundings." Aurora says.

"I will." I say, turning to look at Y/N.

"Goodnight Y/N." I say.

"Goodnight, be careful." Y/N responds while smiling.

       I nod and walk to the back door. I wave at them goodbye and open the door while stepping out. I close the door behind me and I walk down the alleyway, like every other night if not every night. I watch as the light in the kitchen goes off and I hear footsteps trailing off. I sit down against the alleyway stone wall and toss some pebbles around. I keep tossing them for a while until I hear Y/N's window open. I stand up and look to see Y/N waving at me, making me smile brightly. She throws the dusty rope ladder down and I start climbing up into her room. I make it inside and kiss Y/N's cheek, making her blush slightly and smile. I take her hand and lead her to the bed. We sit down together and smile at each other.

"You should really be going home, it's getting late and it's dangerous at night." Y/N says, looking concerned.

"Not a chance, I'd  miss you too much." I say, bringing her hand to my lips and kissing it softly.

       Y/N blushes slightly while smiling and rests her head on top of my shoulder. Having her with me like this is truly a dream come true. To be able to hold her tightly. To be able to squeeze her hand firmly. To be able to kiss her lips softly. The universe must be in my favor to have all of this be possible. I state into Y/N's beautiful e/c eyes and lean in closer to her. My eyes flutter shut as we lean in, our lips about to touch.

"What is going on here?" A booming voice shouts at us.

       Me and Y/N look towards the source of the voice. We see Auntie Aurora standing in the doorway, shock and confusion written all over her face. Y/N and I stand up immediately, our faces present with fear.

"A-Auntie, I-I can explain..."