Awoken - Asra's POV

That night I carried Y/N to her old room and let her rest. She's been through so much throughout all this time, she needs as much rest and attention as I can possibly give her. Or at least as much as she needs until she finally wakes up on her own.

I dressed her in a simple white shirt with no sleeves since the clothes she had on her burnt and tattered.

It's only been a day and a half since she's been back and she hasn't awoken yet. I recently heard that the plague has stopped spreading and things are slowly going back to normal. The marketplace is more lively and people have stopped being paranoid as before. But we still can't forget what happened. What happened to our city is unforgettable. The family members and friends that were lost. Our neighbors, shop keepers, customers, gone. Lost to this inevitable death.

       I kept myself somewhat busy while Y/N was in slumber. Working on some new spells, going through my old spell books, even visiting Muriel to check up on how he's doing and giving him some necessities. Every hour or so I would go over to Y/N's room and change her wet cloth. I put a cool cloth over her forehead since she was burning up. I would come in, look over her, rinse the cloth, wring it, place it back on her forehead and leave.

       It was early in the evening. The sun was still high and the sky was bright blue as ever. I went to Y/N's room, quietly walking inside as to not disturb her. I walk closer to her, looking at her sleeping figure. If I didn't know any better, she could've been a princess from a faraway country. A sleeping beauty of some sort.

       I picked up the damp wrap that rested on her forehead and placed my hand over her, feeling her temperature. It felt cooler than usual. I dipped the rag in a clay bowl beside the nightstand that had fresh water in it. I rinsed the rah and wringed it out, dabbing it on her forehead slightly. I kept dabbing it on her forehead until I saw her move. She shifted her body slightly and groaned silently. I stopped my movements immediately and watched her.

"Is it finally time...?" I question to myself, my voice full of hope.

       Finally, she opened her eyes and looked around. She looked at her surroundings and saw me. I watched as she slowly tried to sit up and I immediately acted on it, resting my hand behind her back as she stopped moving and looked at me.

"Take it easy there, no need to rush." I say as she continued to try and sit up.

       She finally sat up and looked at me curiously as I continued to stare at her. Joy and life filling me up so much that tears start to come over me and I sob.

"You're here...you're really hear...with me alive..." I say, continuing to sob.

        Y/N continued to stay quiet and watched me for a little while until she finally spoke up.

"W-who are you...?" She said, her voice croaking as she spoke.

       My heart shattered in a million little pieces, it felt like I just found out she was dead all over again. This can't be happening, this isn't real. She can't not remember me. After all this time and after all the memories we shared together. Our childhood, our relationship, our first kiss, first masquerade. Everything. It all felt as if it fell down the drain, like nothing ever happened and it all meant nothing.

"Y-you don't remember me, do you...?" I ask, my voice going low as I look down.

"I-I'm very sorry sir but I don't remember anything..." Y/N said, sounding disappointed and looked at me sadly.

"I-it's okay really, there's nothing to be sorry about it's not your fault." I say instinctively.

"A-are you sure?" She asked hurriedly.

"Yes of course." I respond, still disappointed and hurt but at least she's here with me.

"Let's get you cleaned up." I say, straightening myself up and offering my hand to her.

She hesitantly took my hand and I helped her off the bed and onto her feet. Y/N wobbled slightly and steadied herself before straightening up. I guided her out of her room and down the steps slowly, making sure to stay at her pace. He made it out to the shop and I looked around, seeing barely any people.

I walk to the side of the shop, the shop had a small garden outside so I could grow some herbs for potions and spells. I grew some chamomile, lavender, cloves and other herbs. Y/N looked around curiously as I lead her to a nearby water pump. I let go of her hand and leaned down near the water pump. I had large water bucket next to the pump and a small bucket beside it. I fill the small bucket from the large one and kneel down, looking up at Y/N.

"Can you please lift up your shirt a little, I won't do anything weird I just want to freshen you up a bit." I say, looking at her sincerely.

She look at me hesitantly and lifts up the shirt slightly, looking me down as I doused her legs with the water.

As I continue to wash her I speak up, maybe she will remember me if I talk about myself.

"My name is Asra." I state, looking down as I continue to pour water on her.

"...I'm Y/N." She says, quietly but of course I already knew that.

"I am a magician, I work at the shop here." I say as she continued to stay quiet.

"You may not remember me, you got into an accident and lost your memories." I say.

"What exactly happened...?" She questioned and it was my turn to stay silent.

I finished washing her legs and stood up , washing her arms as she stared at me with wonder.

"I know you don't know me but if you would like, we could get to know each other and you can stay with me here at the shop. But if not you are free to go and discover yourself as you wish. Of course I won't stop you and you are welcome to ask for my assistance or anything else whenever you need or want." I say, somewhat trying to bite my words back.

Of course I didn't want her to leave, I never want her to leave it would just stab me even deeper. But I can't stop her, she doesn't known me like she used to and she has to go make her own person all over again. I want to be there for her always but if she doesn't want me then I won't be, no matter how much it hurts .

"I-I'd like stay if you'd let me..." She said, looking at me nervously and making me ecstatic.

"Of course, you are welcome to stay for as long as you'd like." I say, putting the bucket down and handing her a towel that hung on the brick wall nearby and wrapped it around her.

"Th-thank you..." Y/N said, holding onto the towel.

"Let's head inside and get you dressed and fed." I offer, holding my hand out again and she takes it.

We start going back to the shop's entrance. It hurts to see her without knowing me but hopefully over time she will understand me and we can become closer. And hopefully she can learn to love me as much I do and we can rebuild our relationship from the ashes. But for now I must protect her and teach her to trust me enough to talk to me without hesitation.