Preparations - Asra's POV

Finally, it is the day of the masquerade. The ritual. I'm extremely nervous and tense for the ritual. I have to find a way to sabotage it quickly and discretely while everyone is distracted. There's only a few hours left until the guests start arriving so I'll have to figure out something fast.

       As I walk down the palace halls pondering to myself, I spot a familiar tall figure walking towards me. I stop and smile slightly as they approach me and wave kindly.

"Hello Asra." Nadi says, greeting me politely.

"Hello Nadi, how are the preparations for tonight going?" I question, watching as she rolls her eyes.

"Dreadful. Countess, should we have black and gold or red and blue streamers? Countess should we put up banners in the palace gardens or near the entrance gates? Countess, the fizzy fountain has another leak. Countess this, Countess that." She says, sighing deeply.

"That sounds very stressful." I say, looking down slightly.

       Nadi notices my demeanor rather quickly and looks at me worriedly.

"Is something the matter Asra?" Nadi questions, concerningly.

"It's just this whole ritual, it has me very nervous and tense and I'm not very keen on participating in it." I state.

       Since I've started working for Lucio, Nadi and I have become close friends who confide in each other.  I can depend on her when I need to have a serious and understanding conversation whether it's amour minimalistic things or very important events. She's very trustworthy, kind, honest and passionate. She reminds me of Y/N in some ways which makes me miss her even more despite me knowing she will be with me very soon.

"I know that this whole thing very stressful. Trust me, I understand you and don't like it as much as you do but you know how Lucio can get when he doesn't get what he wants." She says.

       I sigh deeply to myself and look up slightly at Nadi.

"But trust me when I saw we will get though this, you know that." Nadi states sternly.

"Thank you Nadi, I appreciate your kind words and your support." I say, making her smile.

"It is my pleasure Asra, now go on upstairs to your guest room. Your attire for the masquerade should be there and waiting for you. Go on ahead and get ready." She says.

"Thank you again Nadi, I'll see you tonight at the Masquerade." I say, waving to her and stepping out of the palace halls and towards the staircase.

       When I started working here, Nadi offered to let me stay in one of the guest rooms if it was too late at night or if I was working. I've stayed here a few nights when I don't feel like being alone in the shop. Even if I have Faust, she's not who I really need. What I need is to have Y/N with me, laying in our bed wrapped in tons of blankets. Having her sleep on my chest as I stroke her soft hair, without a care in the world.

       I finally arrive at the grand staircase and climb up the stairs, walking down the endless hallway. I stop after a few doors and stand in front of a closed door, opening it slowly. I enter swiftly and take a glance around the room. Of course, the room is very well decorated with golden-lined furniture, a large bed with plush pillows along side it, lush carpets and large botanical plants in colored glass vases. I see something on the bed and step closer to it, seeing a neatly folded set of clothes and a mask on top of it. These must be the clothes Nadi was talking about for the masquerade. I pick up the clothes and unfold them, examining the embroidery and soft fabrics, chuckling slightly to myself.

"Nadi sure knows a thing or two about styling attires." I say to myself, smiling slightly.

"Asra!" I hear a loud voice shouting my name as I roll my eyes reflexively, it's none other than Lucio.