Until... - Asra's POV

It has been a week since I left home. I left for a week before I came back for a day, then left again for another week. I was just so angry and conflicted that all I could do was run away, loose myself in my thoughts and forget everything for a little while.

After the first week of leaving, I reflected on myself. It was right after the argument with Y/N about fleeing from Vesuvia. I wanted to leave because I know it's too dangerous but she wanted to stay and help the people infected by the plague. I know that she is trying to help but she doesn't know the gravity of the situation at hand.

I came back the following week later, once I stepped inside the shop I saw Y/N in the back room with an elderly woman who I recognized to me a frequent regular at the shop and a frequent patient coming by for treatment. I took no mind to it, seeing as they looked to be in deep conversation and I walked passed them into the kitchen. Just as I reached my room I heard footsteps behind me and Y/N fall out to me. Just by the sound of her voice and the memory of the argument still fresh in my mind made me slam the door behind me. I can't face her, not right now at least.

To take my mind off of what just happened I pull out some of my old spell books from underneath my desk, maybe I can find something that will help find a cure to the plague. I must have fallen asleep since I woke up and saw that it was pitch black outside. I noticed that my blanket that was folded on my bed was now draped over me, Y/N must have came in the check up on me and covered me since I was asleep. It's sweet to know that she still cares for me and wants to help despite what we are going through.

The next morning I ventured out again. I didn't see Y/N before I left which did sting but I understand, we have a lot to think about before we can talk again.

I left for another week, contemplating and coming up with ways I can talk to Y/N so that this tension between us can come to an end. I finally made up my mind, I will apologize to Y/N and go into the topic of moving out of Vesuvia with a different mindset and try not to pressure her into doing it. I make it back to the shop and to my surprise it was empty, not a single patient or any sign of Y/N at all. The dead silence brings a shiver up my sign.

"Y/N?" I call out, but no response returned.

Maybe she's in the kitchen cooking or cleaning. I walk over to the beaded curtain and pull it aside, seeing that the kitchen is empty as well. Maybe she's in her room, probably meditating or taking a nap. I walk up the stairs and stride over to her bedroom door. I knock a few times and clear my throat, ready to speak.

"Y/N? Are you in there? I'd like to talk to you about something important." I say, waiting for he door to open and to see her standing there.

But the door doesn't open and I don't hear any noise on the other side of it. I knock again, growing a bit anxious. Could she have gone to the marketplace to buy groceries? Finally I get too anxious and open the door, walking into the room. To my surprise, it's barren. The bookshelves that were once filled with books and figurines, empty and nothing left.

The masks Y/N bought from me all those years ago and the painting of the wheat field all gone. The pillows that were scattered all over the floor before were now placed neatly on the bed. Everything is cleaned up, like no one ever lived here.

No...could she have left without me knowing? She wouldn't do that, would she...? No. But what about the shop? She wouldn't leave it like that, I know she wouldn't. There has to be a clue about what happened while I was gone and why she isn't here.

I quickly left the room and rushed into mine, maybe she left something behind so I can know where she is. I look around my room, seeing if anything is out of the ordinary which there is. I see a white envelope with a red seal, I recognize it as Y/N's signature seal. I walk over to the desk and pick it up. I rip off the deal and open up the letter, reading it to myself.