Surprise - Asra's POV (Age 18)

About a year has passed now. It's only Y/N and I taking care of the shop now. Auntie Aurora moved out and gave ownership of the shop to Y/N a few months ago. Auntie Aurora says that she doesn't have the energy or strength to continue running the shop like she used to and wants to retire to the countryside of Mouswans, a village far north from Vesuvia. She also trusts that Y/N is old enough and experienced to take care of the shop by herself.

       So once Auntie Aurora moved out, I moved in. I wanted to be around Y/N and make sure she's safe at all times as well as help around the shop more like people often. Muriel was fine with me moving out of the cottage since he prefers to be alone anyway. So I moved into the spare bedroom they had and we've been living in peace since then. It's so comforting to have Y/N with me and around me at all times. We could be tending to customers separately or be enjoying a cup of tea together in my room, we're always near each other and we enjoy each other's company.

       Tonight is the Masquerade. An event that is celebrated once a year in honor of Count Lucios's birthday. Now that me and Y/N are eighteen, we can go and enjoy the Masquerade and it's festivities. This will be our first Masquerade and we want to enjoy it to its fullest. So we decided to close the shop early and go to the fashion district to buy some outfits.

       I wait by the back door with Faust around my neck, waiting for Y/N to come downstairs.

"Friend?" Faust asks.

"She'll be here in a bit, just wait a little longer." I say.

       Finally Y/N walks up to me, wearing a white dress with gold brackets around her wrists, arms and ankles with some green fabric wrapped around her waist.

Y/N's Attire:

"How do I look?" Y/N asks, twirling around in a circle

       I smile at her and take hold of her hand.

"You look beautiful as always, maybe too beautiful. I may have to keep you here so only I could enjoy your beauty." I say, kissing her forehead.

       She giggles and pats my cheek gently.

"I'm kidding...mostly." I said, smiling mischievously.

       Y/N raises an eyebrow at me and I chuckle softly.

"Let's go." Y/N says, walking out the door.

       I follow her outside and close the door behind me. I take her hand again and intertwine our fingers together. Y/N smiles and we start walking over to the fashion district.

       The fashion district, located on Red Street in the Heart District. It's placed near the palace so you could see it in all of its glory from a distance. Slowly the busy booths and shuffling of buyers and sellers of the marketplace turn into colorful lanterns and banners. I look around and see many shops open, offering many different types of clothing and accessories.