Prologue

I think it's beautiful how two people are in the same city, under the same sky, breathing the same air, yet they both see the view differently. The man looks at the town and sees his home. The woman looks at the town and sees her escape.

Two souls who couldn't have been more different, standing in the same place, at the same time. Their strings are entwined, their paths will cross, but will they stay?

>>>>>

She stands in front of the large decorative fountain at the city center. One hand clutching the wheeled luggage, the other holding a coin. She heard from a friend that this fountain is famous for making wishes come to life. If that's true, she's willing to drop everything to erase that one night. The night that ruined her life.

She closes her eyes to hold back the tears threatening to fall at the memory of that night. She breathes deeply, opens her eyes, and drops the coin in the water.

I wish to die.

>>>>>

He stands in front of the large decorative fountain at the city center. One hand in his pocket, the other holding a coin. His grandmother used to take him to this very fountain when he was young. She told him the fountain grants the wishes of those who earnestly ask for it. He smiled at the memory. His dreams did come true. He opens the hand holding a coin and wonders what this one is for. 

He closes his eyes, breathes deeply, opens his eyes, and drops the coin in the water.

I wish to live.

>>>>>

@ajnotawriter