XIV

Finally. The worst of the crisis is over. Pero yung krisis ng buhay ko nagsisimula pa lang.

Hindi kami nagkaroon ng pagkakataon magkausap ni Javi tungkol sa nangyari. 

Right after settling the issue with the protesting farmers, we rushed back to the city proper to quell the news leakage of the incident. 

Several interviews were held. Javi and the team handled it well. Sa sobrang galing nga, halos araw-araw nagttrend ang hashtag na #JaviMyBibi. 

Everyone was in awe of how Javi handled the issues, right from Bulkang Pali, the earthquakes, and the hacienda protest.

With the alert-level for Pali back to low, and the return of the evacuated families to their homes, halos bumabalik na rin sa normal ang operations in SVMO. 

Well, almost everything.

"Good morning."

"Ay palaka!" I jump in surprise. Umikot ako at nakita si Javi na nakatayo sa likod ko. We're inside the pantry and I was getting my coffee fix.

"Good morning." I answer.

This is the first time we're alone since the thing happened. I'm not sure how we will address the elephant in the room.

"So, are we going to talk about it or pretend that the kiss didn't happen?" He asks calmly.

Pucha. Sugod mga kapatid nga pala ang atake ni Mayor. Why did I even worry.

I sigh. "I don't think this is the time to—"

"There will never be a right time, Val, lalo na at iniiwasan mo ako." Javi replied.

I look at him guiltily. Medyo iniiwasan ko nga siya. But it's just because I don't know how to deal with all this.

Javi sighs, "Look, I would apologize if you say I should, para na din mabawasan na ang pagiging awkward mo sa akin and for you to be able to look me in the eyes again." I blush. 

Siyempre tumigin ako sa kanya para naman di halatang iniiwasan ko talaga siya. 

"But I actually don't want to kasi I wanted that to happen. And I would do it again if given the same chance." Pagpapatuloy niya.

I sigh. Javi laughed. "You've sighed three times in a span of five minutes. That must be a record-breaker somewhere."

Tiningnan ko siya ng masama. He laughed. 

"Are you doing anything on Saturday?" Pagbabago niya ng topic. Naawa na yata sa akin.

I scrunch my brows in confusion. "I don't think meron. Why?"

"I was planning to meet with some NGO representatives. They're meeting for an event. I was thinking that we can do that for the PIF sustainability initiative." He explains.

"Well, I guess I could. Anong klaseng event?" I ask.

He shrugs, "A ball of some sort. Dress formally, don't wear black or white. I'll pick you up at 2PM." He smiles at me before motioning to leave.

"Javi." I say. He stops and turns to me.

"You don't have to apologize." I tell him, in response to what he said earlier.

Natigilan siya saglit bago ngumiti. 

"If you keep being irresistible, I might just end up doing it again and again." He winks and then walks away.