Epilogue

He stands in front of the large decorative fountain at the city center. A place he used to call his home. One hand in his pocket, the other holding a coin. It has been his tradition to go back to this very place and drop a coin to make a wish. He used to do it with his lola, and when he grew up, he did it alone.

It's different now. He looks to the woman standing beside him. She's carrying a 3-year old boy, telling him the story behind the fountain. His wife and son.

His dream.

>>>>>

She stands in front of the large decorative fountain at the city center. A place she used to call her refuge. She was clutching the coin in both of her hands. She did it once, when she first arrived in this place. When she felt hopeless. Directionless. Purposeless. When she felt alone.

It's different now. She looks to the man crouched beside him. He's guiding a 3-year old boy to throw a coin in the fountain. Her husband and son.

Her dream.

>>>>>

"Wish, Mommy?" Calix looked at me.

My son, Javriel Calixto Genrio, look just like his dad. Nine months ka sa sinapupunan ko pero yang tatay mo ang kamukha mo?!

"Yes, baby. I made a wish." I kissed him on the cheeks.

"Si Daddy din, Mommy. Penge kiss." Javi, who was carrying Calix, requested. Naka-pout pa.

"Ako nga tigil-tigilan mo, Javier, nakakasuya yang mukha mo." Inis kong sabi sa kanya habang naglalakad kami pabalik sa sasakyan.

We were heading to the rest house to celebrate a bit of a downtime before the campaign season starts. Javi is running for president on next year's elections.

He was elected Senator just before we got married. It was a simple and intimate celebration. After a few months, Calix was born. We both cried as we gazed at the beautiful human being we created. It was then that we both vowed to continue our dreams. Making the world a better place, most especially that our child will be living in it. Every child deserves a better world.

So, when Javi told me he's thinking of running for president, I supported him. 

Even if I'm busy with Dream-I Asia and the new NGO we founded for women and children who suffered from abuse, I am in full support of Javi. He has never wavered away from his principles. From his beliefs. From his dreams. Just like our vows when we got married, we will stand guard of each other's dreams. Of each other's love.

He put Calix in his car seat as I climbed on the passenger seat. He climbed shortly while mumbling, "Sungit-sungit, pasalamat ka mahal kita."

"May sinasabi ka?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

He smiled. "Wala po. Sabi ko ang ganda niyo po."

I snicker. I had been extra masungit to him for the past few weeks. Ewan ko ba, pag nakikita ko siya umiinit agad ang ulo ko. It was the same back when I was pregnant with Calix.

Pag itong bata sa tiyan ko kamukha na naman ng tatay niya, ipapamigay ko to. Chareng.

Javi was still grumbling and pouting. I smile. Tingnan ko lang kung magtampo ka pa kapag nalaman mong natupad na naman ang isa sa pangarap mo.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you." He answers almost immediately, kahit na nagmamaktol.

I laugh.

Another little dreamer on the way.

The End.

>>>>>

Done with the first story I've ever completed!

Yehey makakamove-on na ako kay Mayor.... Char.