𝘷𝘪𝘪. -𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘵

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘣𝘵

𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘣𝘵

Birmingham
Small Heath, 1919

It was the day of the races. And Dawn was less then happy to say the least. Hell she wasn't even just a little bit excited and was sure that another woman would be better to fill her role. But she had been chosen, and she wanted to end her favour sooner rather then later, leading her to where she was standing. Awkwardly outside her flat with loose baby blue dress and scowl plastered on her lips.

She knew she was supposed to be wearing red, it's what the money he gave should've gone to, but as a final fuck you she pocketed the money to help fix her flat and buy her groceries, she wasn't about to bill the peaky blinders for more when she could fix the problem right there, otherwise she would be calling in more favours then she could chew. So that morning she had Polly collect Theo and threw herself into the bottom of her drawer, digging out the oldest and unflattering dress she could find- it's not like she cared about her appearance and if Tommy had any complaints then it is his own fault for bringing her along.

Her hooded sea blue eyes darted to the car driving down the street, the crunch of stones underneath its tyres almost made Dawn wish it were her- anything to get out of this upcoming shit show.

Tapping her foot impatiently as the vehicle pulled to a Stop infront of her (in no way was she eager to go, but standing outside as the harsh bitter breeze nipped against her exposed skin was awful) Yet paid no mind to Tommy who had stepped out, eyeing her outfit with an eye roll, "Thought I told you to wear red?"

"Je m'en fiche." She replied.

"What?"

Dawn ignored him as she strolled towards the car, opening the door before he could and sitting herself down on the leather seat. Keeping her gaze forward she felt the shift of the automobile as he got into the drivers side.
"I don't care." Her gaze shifted sideways, eyeing the man, "That's what I said."

She watched on as a rare grin broke out on his face, it lasted only a second if not less but Dawn caught it, and she couldn't help the way her muscle threw one back.
"Of course you don't." Was all he said.

The rest of the drive was silent, though much to Dawns dismay she felt oddly comfortable- not that she'd ever tell him that, but the feel of the movement of the vehicle made her feel like she was flying, full of turbulence, yet still gliding through the long roads as wind hit against them in their own safety bubble.