𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪. -𝘩𝘶𝘪𝘵

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯

Gloucestershire
Cheltenham, 1919

Dawn knew she was fucked. She knew the moment she ordered straight vodka from the bar she sat at. She also knew from the moment she stood up to leave, having had enough of being apart of Tommy's elaborate plans, and came face to face with the man who had been burning holes in her dress with his wandering eyes.

She has tried to step black but ultimately failing and staggered back into the stool. Her eyes warily glanced across him; his greased back parted hair, his moustache lining his upper lip, yet her wavering glare became directed on his fancy suit- more importantly the red handkerchief folded into his breast pocket.

A silent growl left her lips, shooting a fiery look at the table Tommy had sat at only to find him avoiding her gaze.

"Your man said it was alright for me to 'ave this dance." His clear Birmingham accent filing through her ears, yet it felt all too unfamiliar and only caused disgust to build in her throat. It didn't help that she had no fucking clue who the man was, but mixing with the likes of Thomas Shelby, she could figure out just how much he was capable off.

Dawn tried to pull a polite smile, shaking her to decline his offer, but his hand grabbed hers anyway, as he spoke again. "C'mon love, just a dance that's all."

Finding herself in no position to escape the hell she found herself in, she felt her body being pulled back into the dance floor, grimacing at the contact of his hands in her body as he led her into a dance. This was not at all like the in-sync choreography she had found with Tommy earlier on, no this felt out of place and disturbingly confining, she felt trapped like a zoo animal on display, being toyed and played with for everyone's own enjoyment. And when she felt herself dipping in his arms, his head to close to her chest, her eyes met with blue, though this was no passing secrets in little glass bottles, because all trust had shattered and was lost at sea, and Tommy wasn't so sure that he could recover back the shards and glue them back together again.

She tried to play the same trick Tommy had earlier, subtly guiding them to the edge, but it almost seemed as the man predicted this as worked there way back to the middle. Realising this Dawn scowled though put one her best sorrowful look staring up at the man who had been too handsy for her liking, "I'm sorry Monsieur, I'm awfully tired."

It was no lie though, she was emotionally exhausted and the more she stared at the races the more embarrassment she felt. The man however surprisingly nodded his head letter her go with a kiss of the hand.