𝘹. -𝘥𝘪𝘹

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

Birmingham
Small Heath, 1919

Dawn grinned as she watched Theo. His little hands trying to work back his ruffled blonde hair, gliding a comb through the golden locks, grinning at his reflection in the mirror.

She had put him in his best clothing, although the word 'best' was narrowed down to the only shirt and trousers that had no holes or stains, even then they hung off of his frame a few sizes to big. Though much to her relief his bones no longer stuck out almost piercing though his skin, they were slightly hidden under a healthy amount of fat, and as much as she wanted to give herself credit for nursing him back to good health, Dawn however couldn't deny the fact it was Tommy's money that had helped them.

Her own hands ran through the creases of her dress, flattening out the silky material. It flowed gently past her ankles in a sea foam blue, subtle lace lining the edges and walking up the hem of the body and tightening around her waist, though cutting off as the fabric ran up her chest, clenching around her arms in the kind sleeved style, finishing in a squared neckline which exposed her collar bones which sprung out at an awkward angle. Sighing she picked up a frayed green scarf and wrapped it around the skin, slightly hiding the porcelain tissue.

It was casual yet still respectable for a wedding, as always her platinum locks fell onto her shoulders, bouncing at the ends as they curled up. She let out a satisfied sigh, turning to her son and crouching down, tucking in his shirts and evening out his bottoms, making sure his shoes were tied before they were off out the door. Feet steadily walking down the steps, into the the dull grey streets where Polly Gray awaited them.

Once reaching the bottom, the older woman reached out to grasp Dawns arm in hers, linking them together as they waltzed the streets, Theo happily skipping along with the two woman, his small hand interlocked with his mothers.

"I'm not happy about this you know." Polly's breath tickled Dawns ear, it was not aggressive but oddly calm,

"It was.. unexpected."

Polly turned her gaze onto the the French woman, and she wasn't sure if she was on about the invitation to the wedding or the bond that had somehow been created by her and her nephew, but she was dying to find out, "We'll be talking about this later."

They had met up with Ada, a smile and embrace exchanged between the two females. And much to Dawns shock, finding a baby bump producing from the young Shelby was not what she was expecting. She had felt a rush of guilt flow through her, she had met Ada through her aunt three years prior and due to their similar ages, a friendship beautifully blossomed. That's when Dawn has realised how detached she had become from everyone else in her life, because Ada was about to give birth and she hadn't even realise that she was expecting. Though the pregnant woman assured it was fine and linked their arms together, to form a trio (plus the little Theo, who had been immensely interested in the baby growing inside Ada).