𝘹𝘪𝘪𝘪. -𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘻𝘦

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴

𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴

Birmingham
Small Heath, 1919

Perhaps it was the sense of upcoming deja vu, that made Dawn feel on edge. Unaware of a man and woman running down the street, though that said man pulling to a stop, breaking away from the woman and carrying on with his own destination in mind, leaving the barmaid confused and hurt by his rejection.

Perhaps it was the way he knocked on her door again, yet this time not bothering to wait for her invitation in, allowing himself to enter and slamming the door behind him.

The way once again Dawn seemed to be waiting upon his arrival, standing in the open space of her flat, eyes wide and a shocked expression on her face. Although much to her relief blood wasn't painted haphazardly, no just sweat. A thick glimmer lining his forehead, an obvious clue to the multiple blocks he had run to be in the safe hands of the blonde.

"Tommy?"

"I'm going to have to lay low for a while, Dawn." He breathed, sauntering forward as Dawn stepped back out of sheer confusion, "I've lost my bargaining power."

"Tommy, I don't understand-"

He gave her a small sad smile, as if to non verbally apologise for barging in, "The coppers are out there looking for me."

Subconsciously her feet wondered past him to the door, locking it in fear of another raid of angry men raiding her house, "But they won't find you here?"

"No." His Birmingham accent was scratchy, turning his head back to look at her, "No we're safe."

Dawn to that as a cue to nod, looking around the room awkwardly, memories of the two of them the night before still fresh in both their minds.

His beady eyes watching as she scurried to the kitchen, pulling a chair up to the counter and standing on it, opening the top cabinet and plucking out a glass bottle. Clumsily swivelling on the stool to show him the half full whiskey- the one she had admittedly downed before peeing out on the kitchen table. "Not the finest.. but you look like you need it."

Tommy grinned, his eye squinting slightly as he stalked towards her, taking it from her hand and placing it on the wooden surface, keeping his gaze directed at her as she looked on sheepishly. Holding his hand out for her to help her down in a gentlemanly gesture, though when doing so, he pulled her close, flush against his chest, dragging her completely off of the chair she had stood on.