𝘹𝘪. -𝘰𝘯𝘻𝘦

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴

𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴

Birmingham
Small Heath, 1919

Dawn felt guilty for not being up there, for she stood outside the home, waiting anxiously for the other car to pull up, one waiting upon Esme and her son who she had been separated with when filing into different transport.

She watched a car pulled in, driven by a drunken John, pulling the car to a stop and helping Esme out, who was holding a hand of a scared Theo. As soon as his eyes set upon his mother he scampered out of her grasp and to his mothers.  Ushering him up the stairs along with Esme as Polly crossed their paths, scolding the boys for talking about there cars.

Dawn scampered into the room panicked, leaving her son outside the door. Wincing at Ada's loud screams. She moved to her side as Esme did the same, leaving the Gray woman to stand at the end of the bed, waiting to catch the baby as if it were to fly out.

But it wasn't that easy, Dawn knew this. She had experience it. In an understaffed hospital, leaving her in a dingy room with flickering lights. Unsure as to where the doctor was, as her husband called for help. It had taken a few hours and nurse later but she had given birth to a beautiful blonde baby boy. Naming him Theodore after her brother, a way to redirect him in the life she had brought into the world.

She knew the pain, not being the one shooting up her hand as it was squeezed under the pressure of the pregnant woman in labour, but the pain of pushing out a child the wrong way round-

"I think it may be the wrong way round." Esme breathed, reaching a hand to touch Ada's belly, Dawn following and nodding her head.

"Yeah your right." Sweeping the sweaty hair from the girls forehead, sharing a knowing look with the newly wed bride, "Lean her forward."

The woman helped her on her hands and knees, guiding her into the position in which she was ready to push. On the count of three, painful shouts echoes the room but a cry overpower them. A fresh cry from a baby.

Dawn helped her into comfortability, congratulating her.

"It's a boy!" Ada let out a exhausted laugh, falling backwards with the blondes steady hands around her. Watching with a warm smile as her son was handed to her, her own mind remembering the feel of Theo in her arms for the first time.

"He's beautiful." Tears falling from her eyes at the bundle of joy in her arms. Leaving the women to gaze loving at the newly mother,as well as Dawns own son as he wondered into the room, a smile adorning his lips at the little baby he had been so intrigued to meet.