𝘹𝘪𝘷. -𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘻𝘦

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘱

𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘱

Birmingham
Small Heath, 1919

There was something in the air. Something that crashed through Small Heath with unease and uncertainty. Or perhaps it was the pointed stare glaring into her body.

"Oui?" Dawn slyly asked, placing her jacket on the coat stand behind the counter. Faux confusion laced on her features.

"Don't." Polly replied, stern as she purses her lips. "Nothing ever escapes Aunt Polly."

Dawns head ducked down, a blush coating her cheeks, a grin eating its way into her face as she chuckled, "Je n'ai aucune idée de ce que tu fais." 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵.

Polly let out a sarcastic scoff, huffing at the younger woman behind the register, "Oh don't give me that shit!" She started, shaking her head, "Or maybe I should invite my nephew over to translate for me."

Letting her sight fall on the flowers, her nimble fingers fiddled with the petals, skimming the velvety texture as she arranged the bouquet. "No that is not necessary.. it would be rude to trouble him twice in one day, let alone in the span of an hour."

"Oh that bugger-" her ageing eyes set upon the cheeky smile on the frenches lips, "He's already been over."

"You could say that." She rolled her eyes at once again the woman's heated stare, "He walked me here, warned me as well."

Polly furrowed her eyebrows, "About what?" Though at Dawns expression she knew that she too was puzzled, scrambling over her words,

"Something about.. black star day? Told me he'll find me when it's safe?"

She heard a annoyed groan, turning to face her with confusion, "Men and their cocks never cease to amaze me."

Just as she muttered the florist bell alarmed, a blonde head of curls bounced into the room running straight for his mother, Ada following closely behind with a baby held to her chest, "Who are we on about?"

"Your brother." Sharp and pointed. But a look of glee at the sight of her niece.

"Tommy?" Ada asked.