Chapter 5 Stefan knows something we don't.

Damon's POV

I drunk down my whole cup of hard liquor.

Flashback during the ball

"Now your mad at me for including Stefan."She said

"No I mad because I love you." I let it spill. I looked at Elena when her face went into shock then anger.

"Maybe that's the problem." I felt my face fall. Elena gave me a glare and walked away.

Flashback ended

So it's a problem that I love her!

It's a problem? I saved her life! At least I looked out for her!

I stood up and threw the cup into the fire.

I felt the anger rise in me.

"What wrong with you?" Stefan asked. I turned around and he leans against the wall folding his arms.

"I care too much." I muttered and walked to my bar pouring myself another drink with a new cup.

"I told you cared to much. But come on brother, talk to me." Stefan smirked. I rolled my eyes taking a sip of my liquor."No, seriously." Stefan smiled.

"I have a thing for your girlfriend." I whispered then Stefan face fell. "Don't worry brother, she dumped me during the Mikaelson's party." Suddenly I hear a laugh from Stefan. I turned to him which he is laughing hard "Whaat's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing." Stefan said and walked upstairs. i could hear him laughing still.

"Thanks for listening brother." I rolled my eyes. I suddenly hear someone enter the house. I flashed over and Elena looks startled.

Great way to start off my day.

"Elena." I whispered and walked back in the livingroom.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked. I turned to her and smiled.

"Your rejection hurted me." I smiled placing a hand over my chest. She gave me a confused look. I rolled my eyes. "The night at the Mikaelson's party...."

"Mikaelson's party?" She looked deep in thought.

"I said I was mad at you because I love you. Do we really have to go over this?" I looked at her and she was still confused.

"I was never at the Mikaelson's party." She confessed.

"Yes you were. You and Stefan went behind my back and killed me so you can get to Esther." I explained.

"No, I was never there. I was at home watching a movie with Jeremy." She said. I looked at her confused. "Plus, I would never go behind your back Damon...." She looked at me.