Chapter 9 Something Changed

In the Video ont he Side it's about Karin and Stefan! Not much about Stefan and Elena!

Karin's POV

We sat on the porch of his house. Elena was inside making me coffee. Stefan sat next to me.

I pulled my knees against my chest wrapping my arms around my legs.  There was a long silence. I tried to process all that Damon said to me.

Flashback

"I love Elena." Damon looked at me with sorrow. Those words I've been waiting for and now finally my heart literally fell.

"I know." I said.

"I didn't mean to fall for her. It happened." He walked closer to me. I backed up.

"Don't Damon." He tried to touch me. I jerk him away. "I can't do this."

"Please, just listen."

"I didn't just listen Damon. I watched it. When you and Elena kissed, touch, and laughed." I said shaking my head.

"I... I still love you." He said reasoning with me.

"But you love Elena more." I added.He looked at the ground.

"I can tint her feelings." He said.

"That doesn't make me happy because I know the truth Damon." I said.

Flashback Ended.

"Something changed... between Damon and Me." I said looking at Stefan. He turned to look at me. "It's like anything I felt for him before ... has now been...." I trailed.

"nothing." He finished. I nodded.

"It's like everybody has forgotten about the other gilbert girl. Everybody left me behind. Fast forwding the future." I explained looking out in the open woods across the street.

"I didn't." Stefan whispered. I turned to look at him.

"Stefan.... don't." I shook my head lightly. I didn't want to hurt Elena.

"Well, I couldn't. The loud voice of the party, the crazy drunk girl that danced on the stool, the one that sang terribly at the Pink song... it's really not hard to miss." He joked laughing. I wide eye him and hit his shoulder.

"And that makes me happy?." I joked smiling. Then it was the awkward silencce again only to remind me of the kiss I had with Stefan. "How do you not care? How do you turn it off?" I asked but no answer from Stefan.

I turned to Stefan. "Take care of Elena, Stefan." I sighed getting up. 

"Where are you going?" He asked. I folded my arms.

"Find the real reason why I'm here." I was about to walk in the woods but Stefan grabbed my hand making me turn back .

"You're going to go cry alone, aren't you?" I felt the tears over fill my eyes.

I was going to do that. I need to be alone.

"I need to be alone Stefan." One of my tears fell off my cheek.

"You need a friend." He pulled me into another hug but tighter. I hugged him back.

"I feel everything, it hurts..... All the hurt, I feel like it's trying to explode out of me." I cried. He pulled away holding up my chin to face him.

"It's okay, to feel Karin." Stefan said.

"He promised to protect me Stefan.... he was the reason I came back...." I cried but Stefan wiped the tears away.

"I'll protect you. I'll make you feel better when he's gone. Okay?" He looked at me with his green eyes. I nodded.

Elena came outside with coffee in her hand. I pulled away from Stefan's grip and walked over to Elena.

"You okay?" she asked I nodded taking the coffee from her. "Let's go inside." She smiled at me pulling me inside. 

I looked back at Stefan "Thank you Stefan." I weakly smiled. He smiled back.

Stefan's POV

In the Woods

I walked in the woods and spotted Damon sitting on a rock with his back turned to me.

"Don't talk to me brother." He said sulking. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him.

"You need to talk to Karin." I said

"I did." He turned to me getting up . " I did and I told her I love Elena. That I didn't love her anymore. I regret it everything that happened. Me falling for Elena, Karin getting hurt, maybe if I've been there to save her this wouldn't happen!" He kicked a rock breaking it.

"I love her Damon." I confessed.

"I know you love Elena Stefan. But you know that love is a vampire weakness." He walked over to me. "I'm sorry that we're falling into another Katherine thing. I can't stop caring for Elena. I love her too."

I shook my head. " I love Karin." I said. He stopped and looked at me.

"What..." He whispered.

"I love Karin." I confessed then he lunged at me throwing me to the ground.

"What the hell!" He was about to punch me but I kicked him off of me.

"Why are you so mad? I thought you love Elena." I asked.

"I still love her." He said.

"Then we have a problem." I said harsh.

"Yeah, I guess we do." He said.

Elena's POV

I sat next to Karin on the couch "I'm so sorry."

She pushed me away a little "Don't be sorry. I knew it was comming."

I was taken back a little "What do you mean?"

"When I died. I was a ghost, I watched over you guys." She explained looking at me. I tried to think.

"You watched over us."

"Elena, I watched you and Damon. You two love each other." She said.

"No, Karin. I don't love Damo--"

She got off the couch. "Stop denying it Elena. Everybody knows that you love Damon. Damon loves you."

"I really don't ." I got up trying to reason her but it was the truth. 

"I don't care if you love him Elena. Just don't deny it... tell me the truth." She looked at me with her hazel sad eyes.

I nodded. "I do feel something for Damon...." I sighed. "But you have to care, if you don't care you're not feeling anything." I walked closer to her. 

"If I care, all I will feel is pain. Pain to see you and Damon kiss that night in the motel." She said. I stopped and looked at her shocked.

I shook my head. "It was a mistake."

"It wasn't a mistake. It's what you felt Elena." She sighed. "I lost everything." She slumped on the couch.

"You didn't lose anything, you still have me." I sat next to her. "And Jeremy. all your friends."

She looked at me "I lost you two, the moment I left town with Klaus that night." She said.

There was a long silence......

Sorry it's so short. Vote Comment, Love!