Just One Kiss Ch 3

When she woke up in was well into the afternoon. She got up and made her way downstairs. Her family was in the den watching TV.

Rahul looked up from the TV and said, "Hey sleeping beauty thought you were going to sleep for a hundred years."

"Shut up." Tia said and sat down close to him. "What y'all watching?"

"The Bride and Prejudice." Wade told her.

"Again? Isn't there anything thing else to watch?" Tia asked.

"Yes but your mother wanted to see this so I rented it." Wade replied.

"Oh brother." Tia muttered. She was definitely not in the mood for a love story.

"This might cheer you up Tia. Jon called he said he and some other people are playing in a soccer game, he wanted to know if you could come and play."

Tia smiled, "When is it?"

Rahul looked at his watch then said, "In an hour, you a game?"

"Sure, can't have them loose now can I? You're playing?"

"Of course. You know I can't resist the game."

"Give me a minute to wash the sleep out of my eyes then we can leave." She jumped up and disappeared into the downstairs bathroom then ran up the stairs for her sneakers.

When she came back down her mother looked at her and sighed, "Tatiana must you go play that game? It is so unladylike."

Tatiana sighed too and said, "Mom, I think you were born in the wrong century. This is the twenty-first century not the eighteenth one. I also feel the need to remind you that there's a woman's soccer team and there's nothing wrong with girls playing soccer and I also feel should tell you that I'm the captain of my soccer team I can't just stop play. I will be of no use to my team if I stop and I would be very unhappy. Is that what you want?"

"No dear." replied Johanna quietly.

"Alright then, Rahul let's go." The two left the house.

Johanna stared at the closed door and sighed again. Wade glanced at her.

"What's the matter honey?"

"I just feel like I'm losing her Wade."

"Losing who? Tia? Oh Jo, you could never do that she's your daughter. It's just that y'all on a different wave length that's all."

"You know I'm jealous of the relationship that you and Rahul have with her. We used to be close like that once."

"You can be close to her again; you just have to stop hassling her about her choice of clothes and the fact that you don't like her playing sports. Tia is a good kid and she's very good at sports. If she wasn't then you would've had a reason to fuss. If Tia is meant to be a lady then she will be. You just have to give her time and try to understand her. You're a good mother Jo, it's because of you that Tia is kind, has a good head on her shoulders and she is well liked but she isn't six anymore and she's trying to carve her own way you have to allow her to do that and above all you must listen to her.

"I know that but it so hard. I used to think it was so cute that she was a tomboy but now I feel that it's time that she grow out of that."

Wade chuckled, "Tia was right you were born in the wrong century but it's one of the things I find charming about you but seriously dear you have to try and let Tia be."

"I will." Johanna promised.

Tia and Rahul talked about what she had said to her mother at the house as they drove to the park where they were going to play. Or rather Rahul talked and Tia listened and the longer he talked the more Tia felt like slugging him. It was absolutely amazing how one incident could change things between them because now he was talking to her as if he was patronizing her and he kept saying Tatianaing her to death without even realizing it. Finally she couldn't take it anymore. "Rahul, if you don't shut up right now I am going to black your eye and while our friends have seen you with a shiner before, having one will definitely impair your game."