Just One Kiss Ch 37

Joey met them at the mouth of the plane. "Ladies and Gents, just take with you your pocket books. Leave the rest of your luggage on board. I assure you, they be quite safe. We have to refuel so see you in a couple of hours."

Down the stairs they went and into the airport. Tia led the way to the customs line and soon they were exiting. Rahul was just about to ask Tia what next when she ran across the pavements into the arms of some unknown male. Who, like Joe, picked her up and spun her around before following her back to where they were standing. Rahul looked around him the Ferreira family was smiling and so was Wade. They seemed to know the man. This was confirmed when the man said, "Wade! Great to see you again! Danté, Sari, has been a while. Olli you're growing like a weed! You're going to pass me one day soon!"     

The Ferreiras and Wade laughed and clapped the man on the back before Tia said, "Rahul, Shaka, Johanna, I'd like you all to meet Kristophe Chevalier. He is another dear friend of mine."

Rahul was becoming rather jealous of these dear friends. He snuck a look at Johanna. Well if he was becoming jealous she had long since passed that and had moved right along to hate. If her thundercloud look was anything to go on. Kristophe led them outside to a black Mercedes-Benz. Rahul just knew that the vehicle would be latest model.  He opened the door for them before sliding into the driver's seat.

"Where to Tia?" he said as he started the car.

"Is anybody hungry?" she asked.

They all shook their heads they'd been well fed on that plane.

"In that case I'm taking you to one of the must-sees here in Paris, The Eiffel Tower!"

And a little over half an hour later they were standing in front of one of the tallest buildings in the world.

"Do y'all want to take the tour?"

"How long does it take?"

"Oh about two hours." Tia replied.

"Then can we do it please?"

"Sure who can get tired of seeing the Eiffel Tower?"

Kristophe went and joined the long line but was back in a matter of minutes. "How'd you do that?" Shaka asked in amazement. "Did you jump the line?"

"My dear child," Kristophe began, "it's not where you're standing but who you know. My cousin is at the ticket counter. I called him as I was walking over and he had our tickets waiting."

"I see." Shaka said giggling at his tone and expression.

"Now let's go, the tour starts in five minutes.

The tour was fantastic and the views from the Eiffel Tower even more so. After that they got something to eat and were just leaving the restaurant when Tia's phone rang.

Excusing herself from the conversation she was having with Danté and Olli Tia answered her phone switching smoothly from English to French.

The fact that she could speak so many languages always amazed Rahul even though he himself was bilingual and could speak both Hindi and English without blinking.  After a few minutes of conversation Tia ended the call and leaned over and whispered in Kristophe ear.

"What the matter Tia?" Wade asked concerned.

"Work beckons. I'm sorry guys I meant for y'all to see more sights before we board again. As it is I don't know how long this will take. A client of mine just walked in and is asking for me personally. Kristophe, you know where to go." She said sighing.

"It's ok. Work is work. We can't help when it calls us. For without it we can't put food on the table." Danté said patting her hand.

Tia smiled, "I know but there was so much I had planned."