Just One Kiss Ch 19

For the rest of the day Tia was a buried herself in her work as to not think about what she had to do between that day and the next. She went from shop to shop looking at bolts and bolts of clothe but nothing wowed her. By the time lunch came around she had succeeded in distracting herself from what she viewed as impending doom. She also travelled two towns over in her search for the perfect clothe that there was absolutely no way she'd make it back to the Danville in time for her lunch break with Rahul. Leaving the shop she was in she rang him.

"Hey Rahul,"

"Tanya I was just about to call you. I'm running a bit behind on some work so if you don't mind I'll be come afterwards."

Tia couldn't help laughing.

"What?"

"Well I was calling to tell you that I wouldn't be able to make it and here you are telling me that you're going too late."

"You won't be able to make it at all?"

"Not for our usual time I won't. I'm nowhere close to you right now. Sorry. Reschedule?"

"Damn I was looking forward to see you today."

"I know what you mean. I wanted to see you too."

They were silent before Rahul said, "I was going to ask you this when I saw you at lunch but since that's not going to happen...how would you like to accompany T'Shaka and me to the movies tonight? They showing some Disney thing and I promised her that we'd go weeks ago..."

"Let me guess tonight's the last night and if you don't go you'd never hear the end of it right."

"Right but that's not all, the movies been brought back by popular demand."

"What's showing?"  
"Hanna Montana movie or something like that."

"Why do you sound like sitting two hours of a girlie flick is going to be a torturous experience?"

"Because it will be."

Tia laughed. Inwardly she wondered when had this had developed. When they were younger Rahul had gladly gone to the movies with her even the occasional girlie flick and it had never been torturous for him. She guessed it was one of those things that changed when people got older. To him she said, "You're such a guy. Not one of you macho men can bare to sit through one measly chick flick."

"It's not like that at all. It's just that these types of films remind me of someone I really don't want to remember. If you come with me I'll have new memories. So will you come?"

"I'll come."

"Thanks. We're going to the AMC theatre for seven. We could pick you up at six if that's ok with you?"

"It's more than ok since I have no idea where the AMC theatre is? I'll be ready for six."

They said their goodbyes and Tia got into her van and drove to the next shop on the printed list in front of her. On the way there she called Nando and to see how the business was doing.

"It's fine. We're all fine. We're more than ticking over."

"That's great. I'll let you get back to work then."

"Wait T!"

"What?"

"How are things going over there?"

Tia spilled her guts to him. When she was through Nando was silent and she knew that he was taking in all that she'd said before speaking.

"In a way I agree with Wade. You've been there for weeks, months and you've come no closer to revealing who you are to them but none the less the deadline must be tearing you up. Couldn't he have given you a week?"