Just One Kiss Ch 13

Tia knew that Wade would welcome her back with open arms but she hadn't wanted to show up on her mother's step with her bag and baggage and though Danté had offered to have her; she and Aunt Tere had thought that since she was returning to town as Tanya and not Tia, it would be better if she stayed at a hotel since she wasn't supposed to know anyone in town. When they figured out who she was then she could go stay with him or whatever.

At the hotel she and James (he was flying back in two days) sleepily checked in and were shown their rooms. Like a zombie she prepared for bed before falling dead asleep.

It was early afternoon when she next opened her eyes. With a smile she stretched and got out of bed. After a quick shower and an equally quick lunch, Tia found her cell and called her aunt, Gabby and Nando to assure them that she'd arrived safely. That done she called Wade who answered on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Wade, it's me."

"Tia? You're name didn't come up."

"I know I changed my settings and forgot to change them back. How's the weather over there?"

"It's in the 90s but the weatherman said that it might rain."

"Oh then I'd need to borrow an umbrella. I didn't think to bring mine."

"Bring yours? Tia...where are you?"

"I'm at the Sheraton City Centre Baltimore Hotel. I came in last night."

"You're in my neck of the woods and you didn't tell me that you coming? How could you?"

"Well I figured that since you've visited me several times over the years, it was time that I surprised you and come to see you."

"You sure you're ready to face your mother and Rahul?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so."

"Ok. So what are you doing today?"

"I don't have any concrete plans. I thinking of renting a car and going driving around. You know to see what has changed and so on. You want to join me and give me a guided tour?"

"I would love to but remember that project I told you about? It's in its final stages. We wrap up in two days. I'm sorry."

"For what? Me better than anyone know what's it like to have deadline. Don't worry. I go for my drive and go visit Mrs. Del and see if I could coax Danté out of his house so that he could take me to dinner or something and then I see you in two days."

"Ok. Tia when are you coming for a visit?"

"I don't know. Not today but soon though, I promise."

"Ok. I have to go. Another call is coming in. Talk to you later."

Tia hung up and went to see about renting a car.

Soon she was on the road heading towards her old hunts. Nothing had really changed in Danville, or anywhere else in DC except that everything had just expanded. The town had just grown. After an hour or two of driving, Tia drove up to the pool. She was pleased to see that it was still standing and still-if the sign was good thing to go by, being run by Coach Boon.

With a smile she got out of the van and went in. In the darken hall, Tia inhaled the strong smell of chlorine and Pine Sol and couldn't help grinning broadly. Like everywhere else the building had gotten bigger but it still smelt just the way she remembered it.

She followed the sound of laughter and splashing until she reached the pool. This too had been expanded and someone had given the old place a new coat of paint. Watching the children doing laps she wished she had thought to bring along her suit. She checked her watch if she remembered correctly practice should be ending any minute. As if he'd been waiting for her cue, Coach blew his whistle and called an end to practice. Everyone of them scrambled out of the pool and headed for the lockers. Tia nimbly kept out of the way of the screaming boys and girls as they ran past her. A few of them glanced her way and she could see that some of them had recognised her as Tanya before doubt hit them and they shook their heads. She grinned again she knew what they were thinking that it couldn't possibly be Tanya because what a celebrity like her be doing at their pool?