Just One Kiss Ch 4

To save her sanity Tia often went out by herself. She wished that she could talk to somebody but Wade and her mother was so busy these days. So in an effort to relieve the stress she walked a lot and discovered this area that was quiet and had the most beautiful view. It was during these times that she discovered that she could draw. She been sitting at her place when she saw this interestingly dress lady pass and wished that she could capture her on something. So on impulse she went out and bought a sketchpad and some pencils and waited to see if the lady would pass again the next day and she did. In fact she came everyday at a specific time and sat for hours playing with her dog. Tia was ecstatic but apprehensive. Having never taken a class could she capture the lady's likeness? It had taken days of studying the woman before she got the courage to try. To her surprise she could do it! Now she drew the lady and her dog several times as well as other things sometimes she drew other people but not always what they were wearing but in clothes that she imagined would look good on them. She came everyday to this spot, after school and practice to relax before going home. She would do her homework, study, and then people watch so that by the time she went home she would meet Rahul outside the door so that it looked like they'd been out together.

Wade watched his children as they joked around in the pantry. Something was not right with those two. He couldn't put his finger on it as they acted as they always had yet something wasn't right. It was the little things that they did when they thought that no one looking. When he heard an argument start up and Tia slam down the pot she'd been scrubbing as though she wished it was his head and leave the room Wade followed her. The two of them never used to argue like that before. What on earth was going on?

He walked up the stairs and knocked on her door. "Tia? May I come in?"

"Sure." She said and opened the door.

Wade walked in and closed the door and looked around, the room was neat and tidy as always except for the bed. It had been made up but Tia had one of her many messenger bags open on it and things scattered around it.

"Tia, what's going on between you and Rahul? And don't tell me nothing." He asked getting straight to the point.

"Is it that obvious that something's wrong?" Tia asked downcast.

"No, not to anyone who doesn't know you both like I do. Y'all doing a great job of fooling your mother and everyone else. Now what's wrong?"

"I will tell you but not here where Mom could come and harass me about something and not where he can hear. Are you up for a walk?"

"Sure why?"

"I was going to spend the rest day out because things as they are have been trying and it's the best place to go right now."

"Then let's go."

"You know we'd better take a car since it's quite a way and you might not want to walk back."

"Ok."

So they packed food and left the house after Wade told his wife that he was going to spend the day with Tia.

Nothing was said on the way to her spot- the silence was only broken by Tia giving directions. Finally she showed him where he could park and then shouldered her bag and they began the short trek up to her spot.  When they reached the top and Wade beheld the view he said, "This is beautiful. How did you find this place?"

Tia took out a blanket out of her bag and spread it on the floor before answering. "I had gotten mad at Rahul one day and he put me out of his car."

Wade's eyes widened at that. Tia waved it off. "Oh it's nothing. He told me to find my own way home.  Since I hadn't had my car I was forced to take the bus but since I was still mad I walked for a bit and I found this place."