Just One Kiss Ch 26

Morning came too soon for him it seemed liked he'd only just closed his eyes only to have the sun come and tell him it was time to get up. Added to that someone was banging on his door as if there was a fire and they had to exit or be trapped.

Weaving like a drunkard to the door he yanked it open and found his daughter grinning up at him. He barely had time to brace himself before she launched herself into his arms. "Morning Daddy!"

"Morning sweedie, give you give me a few minutes to get myself together please?"   

"Ok Daddy."

"What are you doing up so early anyway?"

"Daddy I'm always get up early."

"This is earlier than usually. What's up?"

Shaka sat on the bed while he washed his face and brushed his teeth.

"I had a nightmare Daddy about when Mummy died and I was on my way to you when Grandpa saw me and stayed with me. He made me breakfast and told me to tell you that he was leaving early for his office and to give him a call as soon as possible. He was the one who told me to wake you. Oh and he also said that he'd brought some files home that he needs you to work on."

"Thanks for the message honey. Since you've already eaten, can you please go to your room and play while I finish? I'll come to you to discuss what we're doing today ok?"

"Ok Daddy. Daddy?"

"Yes, Shaka?"

"May I go and see if Tia is up?"

"You would not be able to get in. Tia sleeps in the attic and stairs leading to the attic only comes down when she releases it. Besides she's probably still sleeping."

"Oh." The little girl said and ran out the door. 

 Alone Rahul finished getting ready and left the room. Downstairs he found Johanna in the kitchen making coffee.

"Morning Johanna, sleep well?"

"Yes. Want some coffee?"

"Please."

Johanna poured some coffee for him before joining him on the table.

"So what are you and Shaka going to do today?" Johanna enquired sipping her coffee.

"We haven't decided yet."

Johanna opened her mouth to say something when Tia stumbled into the kitchen.

Rahul took in her tousled hair, dishevelled clothes and tired eyes and sighed discreetly Tia had not passed an easy night. From the looks of her she had gotten little or no sleep this morning and it was probably his fault.

"Morning." Tia said yawning and reached for the still full coffee pot.

"Don't you touch my coffee pot!" Johanna screeched "I didn't make the contents for the likes of you!"

Rahul cringed and quickly straightened his features but Johanna was not looking at him. Tia's hand stilled in the act of pouring herself some coffee and looked up at her mother. Rahul snuck a look at Johanna and was shocked to see the nasty, smug look on her face. Tia took her eyes away from her mother and Rahul knew that something was going to happen. He held his breath and waited not knowing what else to do. Tia looked at the coffee pot in her hand and then down at the mug. Ordinarily she only drank juice in the morning but after the night she'd had, she'd felt that she needed something a little stronger while laced with a little sweetness to keep awake as to not fall on her face and to be able to deal with her mother's hard, sharp barbs. Had she ever been right about that! Defiantly she tipped the coffee pot and poured herself some coffee, doctoring it heavily with sweet milk before taking a healthy drink. And was shocked when the coffee pot (which she'd forgotten to put down) along with her coffee mug was knocked out of her hand by her insanely mad mother and she was slapped across her face several times in quick succession. "Have you lost your damn mind mother?" Tia asked when she'd finally been able to somehow grasp the woman's hands and stop her from hitting her.