Just One Kiss Ch 29

From that time on there was an almost constant stream of bickering and strong arguments between Rahul and Tia because Tia clearly didn't want anything to do with him beyond the time that she spent with his child. While Rahul wanted more than that. But if anything as good bickering that was what existed between Rahul and Tia. Rahul bullied Tia into eating, sleeping and leaving her loft when he had determined that she had been in there long enough. When she told him that she was in the middle of creating and didn't want to be disturbed he would respond by telling her that while that was all while and good she had to take time to smell the roses or life would pass her by. That was usually all the warning she would get before he climbed her stairs and hauled her out. When Tia complained to Wade he would just smile or laugh at her and send her on his way. When she eventually asked why and when he had given Rahul a key to her loft he told her that he had cut one for him the day after the incident in the kitchen and he had done it because he trusted his child to do right by her especially in his absence. It was after one such bickering session that ended with both parties going off in separate directions that Shaka who had been observing the mêlée ran after her father. This whole business was confusing her and she wanted answers. Barely stopping to knock on the door she rushed in. "Daddy?"

"Yes Dear heart?"

"Why are you and Tia always arguing?"

"We argue because both of us are very stubborn people and like to get our way. But don't worry Sweetheart we won't harm each other."

Shaka was not totally satisfied with that answer. There was something else going on she knew it but for the first time in a long time her Daddy didn't answer anymore of her questions on the topic. Frustrated Shaka left her daddy to his business and went to find her grandpa. He would tell her what was up. She was sure of it.

Knocking on his study door-it was one of those rare days when he worked from home and went in. He looked up and grinned when he saw her. "Shaka, Sweedie, come sit on your grandpa's knee and ask your questions."

Laughing Shaka flew round his large desk hopped up on his knee and made herself comfortable. "You always know when I have a question." She told him smiling.

"It's one of the skills bestowed on me as a parent and grandfather. So we can know that our children what to know something. Now what new question do you have for me today?"

"Grandpa, why are Daddy and Tia arguing so much? They are friends so why are they arguing so much? Caroline and I are friends and we don't argue like that or so frequently."

"It is not something to worry about Shaka."

"It isn't?"

"No. Let me explain. Your father and Tia were best friends once."

"Were? You mean they lied to me?" Shaka said hurt.

"Lied to you? What are you talking about?"

"They told me that they were friends."

"They are."

"They why did you say were?"

"Because the two of them are not best friends anymore but they are friends- friends who sometimes wish that they could forget their friendship. At least one of them does. That is one of the reason they bicker so much."

"Which one of them?" Shaka asked excitedly.

Grandpa smiled "I'll leave that for you to figure out. If you can't then ask your daddy but you can only ask him if you have observed them for some time and drawn a blank not before."

"Ok."

"So continuing what I was telling you, another reason why they bicker so much is because they're both stubborn individuals who like to get their way."