Just One Kiss Ch 36

When next she opened them it was late morning and she was in her bed fully clothed. Rahul must have carried her in. stretching she got up and headed for the shower. A few minutes later she left her room and went in search of Rahul. She found him in the backyard lounging by the pool.

"Morning."

"Morning sleepyhead thought you would never wake up."

"Yea well the bed was comfortable. Is Shaka back yet?"

"Nah. Danni said that she would bring her back later."

"Oh." She said and sat down. For a while Tia said nothing then "Rahul, I'm leaving next Thursday."

"I know, Shaka and Dad told me remember?"

She nodded. "Where does that leave us Rahul?"

"Is there an 'us' Tia?"

"You tell me."

He was silent. Guess not. Tia answered silently. There hardly seemed a point to her next question but she'd told Gabby she would bring him so she had to ask. "Rahul, when I go back I have to attend Gabby's wedding. I'm taking part anyway would you like to come with me? You and Shaka?"

"Even if I would it's not that simple."

"Why?"

"I'd have to put in for time off and I can't do that in such short notice."

"I ask again Rahul Watinagi would you like to go with me to my friend's wedding? And in the process see where I've been living for the past ten years?"

"Yes but...?"

"Yes is all you need to say. Wade put in for your vacation time long ago."

"But how?" Rahul asked clearly confused.

"He's coming too and he knew that I would ask you to come so he put in for the time for both of you." 

 "Wow."

"I know. Make ready Rahul we leave in a few days."

"Tia, what about your mother?"

"What about her? Oh she's coming too." Tia said getting up.

"She is?" he asked surprised. He would've thought they would take the opportunity to leave the woman home.

Tia nodded, "Gabby had this insane idea that we could prove to my mother that I am not a whore if she came and we took her to one of my shops when we have to refuel. I have my doubts especially in light of what happened yesterday but Gabby still insists."

"When did you tell Gabby about yesterday?"

"I didn't. Your father did when he called her to see if she still wanted to go ahead with her plan."

"Just how well does Dad know Gabby?"

"Very well. Wade told me that you had guessed that he knew where I was all these years. He's known Gabby since the first time he came out to see me."

"I see."

"Do you really? Anyway you owe me breakfast Rahul Watinagi."

"That I do." He said smiling and got up. Smiling Tia followed him.

For the rest of the day Rahul watched Tia discreetly. She seemed to shut down on him after their conversation by the pool. Oh she laughed and talked with him but he knew there was something wrong and he had a feeling he knew what it was. He hadn't answered her question earlier and she must've taken it to mean that he didn't want a relationship other than friendship with her. But she was wrong. He did. Oh how he did. It was just that at the time he'd been confused for some unknown reason and so couldn't provide a response when it was needed. He sighed and hoped that he'd get a chance to explain before they all left for Rome. He also hoped that his inability to speak when an answer was really important hadn't caused too much damage. Raking his hand though his hair he went back outside and whether it was accident or design he didn't see Tia for the rest of the day.