Just One Kiss Ch 14

The next day saw Tia spending the day with Wade. As he'd promised they would they'd gotten together for breakfast and spent the rest of the day whatever Tia wanted. Which was easy since Tia was easy to please. They visited the zoo and Greenbelt mall as well as art shop where Wade had bought her art supplies on the day she'd met Danté just so she could see for herself that it was still standing. Then they went to her spot on the hill where she had first realised she could draw where they ate the Chinese they'd stopped on the way.

While they were eating Wade broached the topic of coming to visit her mother.

"Ti, when are you coming over?"

"I don't know yet."

"You've been here for three days now. When are you going to know?"

Tia sighed and rest down her meal. "Soon, I promise. It's the reason I came home so you have my word that I would get it done before I have to go."

Wade sighed, "I wish you didn't feel like it was a chore to visit your own mother."

"Can you blame me Wade for feeling that way?"

"Not really, no. But something has to give."

"And you think it should be me." Tia said with a sigh of her own.

"Well you know it's most likely won't be your mother. She's a stubborn as ever and for her to give she would have to know where you are."

"Alright, alright. I get it. I will be the one to offer the olive branch."

Wade looked at her dubiously, "When?"

"Soon."

"I guess I have to be satisfied with that don't I?"

Tia nodded.

"And what of Rahul? When are you going to see him? T'Shaka deserved to know her god-mother."

"Actually I already seen Rahul, I spoke to him too." Tia said with a grin.

Wade just stared at her. Still grinning Tia related what had happened between herself and Rahul.

When she was done Wade sighed again this in exasperation. "If he didn't recognise you it doesn't count!"

"Maybe, but at least I have spoken to him." Tia said still grinning.

"Tia..."

"Ok, ok. I will eventually tell him who I am." Tia said holding her hands up in surrender.

"Good. Make it sooner than later ok?"

"I'll try."

There was a moment of silence before Wade asked, "Now what shall we do next?"

"Ice-cream!" Tia exclaimed hurrying to the vendor's cart. Laughing Wade followed behind her.

Moments later they were again sitting in their spot eating their ice-cream. Tia had a chocolate/golden-vanilla mix and Wade had just had vanilla. As he ate his ice-cream Wade couldn't stop grinning at Tia.

Grinning back Tia ate her ice-cream wondering what was causing Wade to grin like that. Soon though, she couldn't stand not knowing. "What is about me that is making you grin like a loon?"

"In the months that I haven't visited you, I'd forgotten how ice-cream still brings out the kid in you. Seeing you like that now brings back fond memories."

"Oh. I am the same with gelato."

"Yes, I remember now. If Gabby or Nando want something, they could buy you with Gelato. It's a wonder that you aren't big as a house."