The encounter

After a good night's sleep, you woke up in the morning, Se-ri's story still on your mind. You were still hurt and affected by the incident with Jungkook and hearing this story made you think. Think about the past, about your relationship with Jungkook. You promised yourself you would start over and put the past behind you. But who could've known Jungkook would show up in your life again. It made you anxious, scared for the future. There were a lot of things left unsolved between the two of you. Whether you liked it or not, the past still haunted you. Back then, you thought you knew Jungkook better than anyone. You thought that he loved you. But all of it seemed like one big lie. You needed to get this off your chest so you decided to call Jin.
"Jin, I have to tell you something."
"Spill the tea."
"Firstly, you have a secret admirer."
"Of course I have."
"Secondly, Jungkook apparently has a sister."
"He what? Elaborate."
"Her name is Se-ri and she comes from Daegu instead of Seoul. And she lived there with her mother. Yet, Jungkook always told me that he came from Seoul and never said anything about having a sister."
"Damn, that's a lot of new information."
"Jungkook lied to me the entire time, and even though he probably never loved me it still hurts knowing that everything was just a lie."
"Y/n listen, he doesn't deserve you and he never did. You are an amazing human being and you deserve someone who treats you like one. You are too good for Jungkook."
Jin's sweet words made you smile from ear to ear. You were so lucky to have a best friend like him.
"Thank you Jin, I love you."
"I love you too, now get your ass ready because I'll be picking you up in in an hour."

You hung up the phone and got ready, making yourself some breakfast while humming your favourite song. After a few minutes you heard a loud car honk blasting through your walls. You grabbed your bag and your coat, making your way outside. You saw the familiar car and got in.
"Hey Chipmunk, how are you doing?"
He gave you a small smile. He was indeed handsome so no wonder Se-ri fell for him.
"I'm good, just a bit overwhelmed by all the information of yesterday."
"I get that, but try not to hold on to it too much. You deserve better than that prick, so he doesn't deserve a place in your head."
He was now holding your hand, his touch warm and soft. You looked at him, wondering how you could've gotten yourself a best friend like him.
"Thank you Jinnie."
"It's what friends are for."
He now let go of your hand, turning the music up. The loud music was blasting through your ears, both of you singing along.

The ride came to an end when Jin parked his car in front of the big building. You got out, walking into the university together, where you separated your ways again.
"Do I see you after class Y/n?"
"Yes you will."
You walked to your first class, seeing Se-ri.

But she wasn't alone.

Jungkook was walking next to her and just when you wanted to turn around she loudly yelled your name.
"Y/n!! Come over here."
You sighed in frustration, turning around with a forced smile on your face.
"Hey Se-ri."
She pulled you into a hug.
"This is my brother Jungkook, Jungkook this is Y/n."
You gave him a quick glance mumbling hi softly. He mumbled hi back, putting his hand in his neck, his ears turning red. Se-ri seemed to notice the tension and dragged you into the classroom. You took a seat next to each other in the back of the class.

As the time passed by, you could feel Jungkook staring at you. Knowing that Jungkook knew that you were in his class made you feel uneasy. When the lecture was finally over you quickly packed your bag and walked to your next classroom with a fast pace. The whole class you felt nervous, trying not to stare back at Jungkook. But you couldn't focus on the teacher with Jungkook's eyes piercing on you. You were upset by the way he still had such a big impact on you. The way he could make you feel all kinds of ways by only giving you a slight glance. You just wanted to remove him from your life forever, and erase all the memories you had of him. It would make your life so much easier.

After 4 long hours, the day was finally over and you wanted to make your way outside when you were suddenly dragged into a classroom.
"God damn it Jin I-"

But it wasn't Jin.

"Jungkook can you leave me alone please I don't want to have anything to do with you."
"Y/n I just want to talk to you."
"Good for you, but I don't want to talk to you."
"Y/n please."
He was still holding your arm, looking at you with eyes that were like honey pools. Even after two years, it seemed like he hadn't aged a day. His lips still had the same red colour, his skin still shining. He was still breathtaking. Despite his beauty, looking at him was still painful. All the memories eating you up from the inside. The wound becoming bigger and bigger the longer you were in his presence.
"Jungkook why would you want to talk now while you could've done that 2 years ago."
"Y/n trust me, if that would've been possible I would have done that."
"Jungkook you cheated on me, hurt me and left a huge scar on my heart. You left me without any explanation, leaving me behind with nothing but pain and insecurities. I just want to forget you and move on."
Jungkook looked down, his lips forming into a slight pout.
"Y/n I know what you've seen hurt you. And you don't have to forgive me, you don't have to talk to me, but will you please let me explain. I just want you to know the truth. After that I'll leave you alone I promise."
He looked at you with hope, his eyes staring deeply into yours. You didn't want to hear him because you knew it was going to rip your heart apart all over again. But deep down, there was still a single flower blossoming and still a single butterfly that flew around when you saw him.
So you gave in.
"Alright then, go ahead."
He jumped up a little, showing his excitement, his eyes having that same and familiar sparkle.
You sat down facing each other and he breathed in deeply before talking and looked you straight into the eye.

"I first want to say that I love you and I always have."