Destination

The ambulance suddenly stopped, the doors opening as they drove Jin inside the hospital. You and Jungkook ran behind them but were stopped by a few doctors when they got Jin a room. You sat down on one of the chairs on the hall, your breath trembling from fear, tears burning with anxiety. Jungkook held you close as you held onto his jacket tightly. Jungkook caressed your back trying to calm you down as much as possible. And if you were being honest, it did help. The impact Jungkook's embrace had on you was wonderous. He always knew how to make you feel safe, even in the worst situations. Yet, his embrace couldn't wash away the pain you felt at the moment. It was as if a dark hand was holding onto your heart, slowly crushing it. The longer you had the wait, the more anxious you got. Your brain used the time to wait to replay all the beautiful memories you had with him, terribly scared that you wouldn't be able to make more. Jin had always been by your side, picking you up when you fell, bringing joy in your life when you felt sad. Jin was the best friend you could've wished for and you wouldn't be able to live with the fact that he died because of you. A sudden wave of guilt washed over you, realization hitting you. He came to save you, he was stabbed because you were abducted by So-yeon. He gave his life just to save you.

A doctor suddenly came out of Jin's room, a serious look on his face, his forehead wrinkled. You sat up straight, looking at the doctor while holding Jungkook's hand tightly. The doctor stood in front of you as he took off his mask, ready to speak.

"The operation went well, he made it."

And you wanted to scream from happiness. The hand finally let go of your heart, the heavy weight of off your shoulders. You couldn't express how relieved and how happy you were that you did not lose your best friend.

"Thank god. Can we see him?"
"You can, but he is still really weak."

You and Jungkook walked into his room, your eyes landing on Jin who was lying on the hospital bed with his eyes closed. He looked so weak, so hurt, but you were so glad he was still alive. You let go of Jungkook's hand, sitting next to Jin. You held his hand, his skin dry and pale.

"Jin, you scared me so much, but I am so happy you didn't leave us."

The picture of Jin lying on your bedroom floor with glossy eyes and trembling lips was tattooed inside your brain. The horrifying memory of the blood on your hands made you tear up instantly.

"You don't want to know how scared I was when I saw you there on my bedroom floor. I would never forgive myself if you would've died."
"Y/n, I told you to live a happy and healthy life if I died."

Your head shot up as you looked at the hospital bed. Jin's head was turned towards you, his eyes slightly opened. His full and plump lips were curled into a small smile as he looked at you innocently. It was beautiful how he was still able to smile, even when he was at his weakest.

"Jin! I thought you were still asleep."
"How can I sleep when you're whining in my ear?"

You laughed, relieved that he was still just himself after everything he's been through. You were so focused on Jin that you didn't notice that the tears were rolling down your face until you felt Jin's hand on your cheek.

"Y/n don't cry, please. I'm still here."
"I know, I'm crying tears of happiness."

You pulled him into a hug, putting your head on his chest, as you felt Jin's arms on your back. Jungkook stood in the door frame, you kind of forgot about him when you saw Jin, until Jin called him.

"Jungkook, come here."

You turned around to face Jungkook who was quite surprised that Jin wanted him to come. Jungkook's brows were slightly raised, as he slowly came towards you and Jin. He took a seat next to the hospital bed, looking at Jin.

"Thank you for always being there for Y/n and treating her the way you do. I'm glad she has you back into your life."

Jungkook looked up from his feet, his sweet dough eyes landing on Jin.

"You're not mad at me?"
"No, after you talked to me that day, I realized how much you truly cared about Y/n. So I don't hate you anymore."
"So we're good?"
"Yes, we are, friend."

Jin stretched his arm out to Jungkook, pulling both of you into a hug when you suddenly heard someone panting behind you. All of you turned to look at the door frame, seeing a worried Se-ri. Her hair was messy and she was heavily breathing. Did she run here? Jin just smiled and signed with his hand for Se-ri to join the hug. Se-ri smiled softly as she ran towards you, joining the hug, all of you laughing.

Despite everything that had happened, you felt at ease. You were embraced by the most important people in your life, all bonded with each other. They made you feel stronger, they completed your life. You have been through the worst times with them, yet you were here together tightly hugging one another. You believed that everything you have been through was part of the journey you had to make to get where you had to be. Because after all, sometimes you had to get on the wrong train to reach the right destination. And that was the case this time, because nothing went the way you expected it to go, but everything fell into place anyway.

So this time, you could finally say that you were happy.