The confrontation

You sat down on the couch when you suddenly heard your phone ring, seeing Jungkook's name on the screen. You picked up with a smile on your face, but that quickly faded away when you heard Jungkook's serious tone.

"Y/n, were you serious about wanting to start again with me?"
"What is this about? Of course I was serious, why else would I have said it?"
"Because I've seen a picture of you kissing another boy."
"What kind of picture? I swear that person on the picture isn't me, I haven't kissed anyone other than you."
"I sent you the picture."
You opened the message, seeing a photo of a couple kissing, and you immediately recognised your classmate.
"Jungkook, that is not me. That is my classmate with his girlfriend."
"Are you being honest with me? Or did you do this out of revenge?"
"Jungkook I am speaking the truth believe me, I would never be able to hurt you even if I wanted to, because I love you."
"O-oh. Yeah no, you're right."
"Who even showed you the picture?"
"Se-ri did. I'm sorry for believing her Y/n."
"No kook it's alright, just know that I would never cheat on you."
"I know. And Y/n?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you too."

He hung up the phone and you smiled at Jungkook's cuteness. Yet you were furious at Se-ri for trying to break you and Jungkook up. She was clearly mad at you, but she didn't think of talking to you. Instead, she tried to destroy you behind your back, leaving you confused. This had been going on for two days already and she hadn't said a word to you. It was frustrating knowing that there was something wrong, but being clueless as of what the reason was. And it only seemed to become worse. She truly wanted to destroy you, and you figured that she would only try harder if you wouldn't intervene. Since you didn't expect Se-ri to respond to your messages, there was only one way to confront her.

Face to face.

So you got your jacket and got on the bus to Jungkook's house. As you got off the bus, you came closer and closer to his house, on your way to confront his sister. It was a bit weird now that you thought about it, but you were done with Se-ri's strange behaviour. You wanted to clear things up as soon as possible to prevent further problems. She caused for problems between you and Jungkook and that truly crossed the line.

You walked into the garden, and knocked on the black wooden door. Jungkook opened the door, his lips turned into a smile when he saw you.
"Y/n! What are you doing here?"
His enthusiasm made you laugh, but you weren't here for him.
"I came to see Se-ri Kook."
He pouted, looking at you with those familiar brown puppy eyes you couldn't resist.
"Right, she is in the living room."
He let you in, while already walking into the living room.
"Se-ri you have a guest."

You walked into the living room, Se-ri rolling her eyes at you.
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to talk with you."
"I have nothing to say to you."
She wanted to walk out of the living room, but Jungkook stopped her, Se-ri looking at him with fierce eyes.
"Please Se-ri just stay."
Se-ri looked at Jungkook, then at you as she sighed deeply.
"Fine."
She took a seat in front of you, crossing het arms.
"Why are you so mad at me Se-ri?"
She scoffed at you, making you feel even worse since it was apparently something really obvious, yet you didn't know what.
"Because you stole Jin's heart away from me  Y/n!"
She yelled at you, her eyes filled with fire, feeling like they could burn your skin any second. You thought back to Jin's confession, his words repeating in your head, his cold act making your heart sink.
"Se-ri, I never forced Jin to like me, I never wanted him to. It's not my fault."
"You always get what you want Y/n. My brother, Jin, good grades. And you don't even have to try. You are everyone's little angel, yet here you are acting all sad."
"You don't know how hard I've worked to get where I am now, you don't have the right to discredit that. And again, I never wanted Jin to catch feelings for me, since I lost him because of it."
Thinking about the fact that you lost your one and only best friend, the one who has been with you for such a long time hurt.
"As he should, he's better off without you anyway."
These words felt like a stab in the chest, tears swelling up in your eyes. You still loved Jin, since you spent almost all of the time with him.
You missed him.

Jungkook eventually ran to you, wrapping his arms around you, pulling your head into his chest.
"Se-ri stop it. This is unfair, Y/n never did anything wrong to you and the only thing she's trying to do is clearing things up. You shouldn't blame your heartbreak on Y/n. I know Jin rejecting you must've hurt, but it isn't her fault in any way."
Se-ri was shocked by her brother's outburst. You were shocked too, since you had never seen Junkook so mad before. She looked down at her fingers as she gulped. Jungkook's eyes had the same fierce look in his eyes, his jaw clenched. You understood why Se-ri was intimidated. Se-ri eventually exhaled deeply before talking again.
"You're right. I'm sorry I took you for granted Y/n. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I am deeply sorry."
She looked down at her fingers embarrassed, her voice barely audible. The soft girl you saw from the very beginning became recognisable again. You understood that Se-ri was only doing it out of pain and after all you came here to set things right.
"I forgive you Se-ri, it's okay. I hope everything is good between us right now."
She looked up at you, her cheeks rising up.
"Everything is good."
She walked up to you, giving you a tight hug. You eventually pulled back, smiling at her. You were happy everything was good between the two of you, the confusion finally gone.
"I'm glad it's all cleared up, but I have to go back home. It's late already. See you tomorrow Se-ri."
She waved at you as you made your way back to the door, Jungkook following you.

"I'm happy all of it is good between you and Se-ri, but is it really true that you and Jin just separated?"
"It is, he didn't want me to forgive you and then he said he liked me and after his confession we never talked anymore."
Thinking back about the situation hurt you, his words scratching your heart open.
"I'm sorry that I came in between your friendship Y/n."
Jungkook looked down, his ears becoming red.
"No Jungkook it isn't your fault. I'm glad you're in my life again."
You put your hands around his neck, looking into his deep honey eyes.
"I really have to go though. See you tomorrow."
You gave him a peck on his lips, walking out of the door.

You were walking to the bus stop with a relieved feeling, yet Jin on your mind. Hearing his name made your heart clench.
Was he right for leaving you?
You thought back about all the memories you made with him. Watching movies together, going for long walks, clubbing. You sighed, just wanting to go back to the time where you still had him.

Why couldn't everything just be easy?