The choice

You looked at Jungkook with wide eyes, still processing all the information he just gave you. You didn't know how to react, since you've resented Jungkook for something he never did. The picture of them together haunted you until this day, but now that you knew the real story, everything was different.

All of your pain turned into instant guilt, hating Jungkook without a good reason. Deep down, you've always loved him too. However, you hated him at the same time, your heart aching every time you thought about him.

But all of that seemed to be unnecessary.

Jungkook had been through a lot, and all you did was hate him. Nevertheless, you weren't sure if you could bare to see him. You wanted to forgive him, since in fact nothing of it was his fault. But the image of him and So-yeon was like a tattoo on your brain, still hurting you. Which is why you weren't sure if you would want to see him, would want to give him another chance. But on the other hand, you missed him a damn lot and felt very guilty for blaming him. You rubbed your face with your hands, not knowing what to do.

Jungkook looked up at you, his dark brown eyes soft and warm as always.
"Jungkook, I don't know what to say."
"It's okay Y/n, I just wanted you to know the truth."
He gave you a small smile, his kindness making you feel even more guilty. He has such a heart of gold, and thinking about how much he had suffered made you feel ashamed for hating him.
"I'm glad you told me, but I just have to think everything through if that's okay with you."
"Of course, take your time."
Jungkook stood up, his tall body hovering over you.
"I'll be off then."
He waved at you and walked out of the room, you still sitting on the ground.

You replayed Jungkook's words a thousand times, causing a knot to form in your stomach. You had lived in pain due to a lie for 2 years. Jungkook wasn't to blame for anything that happened back then, yet you were still hurt by being around him.

You walked out of the classroom, lost in your own thoughts.
Did you have to tell Jungkook that you forgave him?
Or could a little bit of space be good for the two of you?

As you walked out of the building, you saw Jin leaning against his car, looking around. You totally forgot about him. You ran towards his car, him looking at you up and down with frowned eyebrows.
"What took you so long."
"That's a complicated story, I'm sorry I made you wait."
"It's fine, I'm sure you have a good explanation."

You got into the car, not being able to stop thinking about Jungkook.
"So... want to explain why you were late?"
You gulped, knowing how much Jin hated Jungkook.
"I had a conversation with Jungkook."
"Y-you had a what?! Y/n are you okay?"
His innocent look turned into a fierce almost scary gaze. You saw his knuckles turn white as he squeezed the steering wheel.
"I'm fine, everything I thought Jungkook did seemed to be a lie. He didn't remember anything from what I saw and he said he would never do so. And the reason why he left was because of his mother."
"And you believe him?"
Jin raised his voice, the tone ferocious and angry. You had never seen Jin this angry before.
"He sounded really sincere, I think I should-"
"Forgive him? Y/n remember how badly you were hurt that day? The way I had to pick you up from the street, the way I had to pick up your pieces after he left. You can't forgive him this easily after everything he did."
"Jin I can't hate him for something he didn't do."
"How are you so sure he didn't do it? Just because of a possibly made up explanation of his? If you forgive him he'll keep hurting you over and over again."
"Why are you so upset about it anyway?"
You were surprised and quite shocked about Jin's behaviour. Yes he was always the protective type, but he never got mad about it once. And now he was yelling at you, his eyes holding fire, his tone vehement. You arrived at your apartment and the only thing Jin did was look the other way, his jaw clenched and his knuckles as white as snow.
"I catch you later Y/n."
You couldn't believe he was actually behaving like this right now.
So you scoffed and got out of the car, walking into your apartment without even looking back at him.

This was a hell of a day. Jungkook's sudden explanation, changing everything you thought about him. And then Seokjin's sudden outburst. Your head hurt from everything that had happened with frustration as your only emotion. As bewildered as you were by your best friend's behaviour, you didn't want to fight with him. You urgently needed an explanation, so you decided to call him.

"Jin? Can we please talk?"
"If it is about Jungkook then please no."
"Jin please, I don't want to fight with you."
"We're not in a fight, I was just giving my opinion on the situation."
"Then why were you so upset?"
"Because I don't want to see you get hurt again."
"You don't have to worry about that Jin."
"How can I not worry? The last time, you were so broken and torn into pieces because of him. It hurt me to see you so weak and so sad the entire time. I tried to pick your pieces up and stick them together. It is painful to see you open your heart again to the person who broke it."
"I appreciate that, but I can't hate Jungkook for something that he didn't do."
"Y/n please stop being so stubborn. You don't even know whether he is speaking the truth."
"Jin just stop doubting him."
"You know what, fine. If you want to forgive him then go ahead, but I cannot support you. So I'm sorry y/n, but who is it going to be?"

"Me or Jungkook?"