The confession

You didn't know how to react to Jin's sudden question.
How were you supposed to choose?
How could he put you in such a position?
You didn't why know Jin was acting this way. He was never really the type to get really mad. He always stayed calm in every situation. Yet he was getting upset over something like this. You closed your eyes, trying to calm yourself down as you couldn't stand Jin right now. You didn't want to fight with him, so you just hung up and turned the tv on. Just when you wanted to start your favourite movie, you heard your phone ring. You secretly hoped that it would be Jin with an apology, but it was Se-ri.

"Hi"
"Hi Y/n"
"What's up?"
"Well, I had a question."
"Go ahead."
"Do you know Jin? I saw you getting in the car with him the other day so I was wondering if you could maybe give me his number."
"Sure, I'll send it to you through text."
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome."

She hung up the phone, and as you were absolutely exhausted by today's events, you decided to go to bed.

You were woken up by the sound you absolutely hated the most. You opened your eyes, the bright sunlight hitting your face. As you sat up, you sighed heavily, running your fingers through your hair. You replayed everything that happened yesterday, instantly getting a headache again. Seokjin's words stuck in your mind, his question making your heart ache. You only realised now that Jin probably wasn't going to pick you up which meant you had to go by bus. You quickly slipped into your uniform, making some breakfast for yourself. It was late already and the bus was about to leave in a few minutes.

So you ran out of the front door, making your way towards the bus stop. You were running as fast as you could in your uncomfortable uniform, until a loud sound scared you to death, making you stop in your tracks instantly.

'Seokjin?'

But as you turned around you noticed that it was a whole someone else. Jungkook rolled down the car window, looking at you questionably.
"Do you...need a ride?"
You hated the bus so you just nodded and got in the car.
"Where is Jin?"
"We argued so he wasn't going to pick me up."
You looked down, playing with your fingers a bit, thinking back about Jin's ferocious words.
"You can always call me when you need me. My number is still the same."
You looked at him, your heart going crazy for him, his sweet and caring words touching you.
"I will."
He looked at you, giving you his innocent bunny smile. His smile made the whole world fade around you, only having eyes for him. His dough shaped eyes making your body feel weak. You just realised how much you actually loved him.

"Jungkook, I've thought about everything you know."
You saw how his body suddenly tensed up, his relaxed gaze turning angsty.
"I believe you, and I'm willing to start over."
His lips curled into a smile, while he cutely scrunched his nose. He softly held your hand, his gentle touch giving you the same chills all over again.
"I missed you Y/n."
"I missed you too Jungkook."

Jungkook drove into the school's parking lot, and put his car next to Jin's. You got out and walked into the building together. You saw Seokjin's staring at the two of you shaking his head as he walked to his class. Jin and you never really argued to the point where you didn't talk to each other, so all of this was new. Jin had been your best friend for as long as you can remember, thus you felt uncomfortable having a fight with him. Despite his strange behaviour, you still loved him. He was your best friend after all. Jungkook seemed to notice that you felt uncomfortable as he looked Jin's way, dragging you into the classroom.

"I don't know what's going on between you two, but I think you should make up soon. It seems to bother you a lot."
He gave you a lovable smile, taking a seat somewhere in the front. You spotted Se-ri at your usual spot, sitting next to her. She brightly smiled, her make-up nicely done and her outfit more outstanding than usual
"Wow you look even prettier today."
"It's because I'm going to get a drink with Jin today."
She giggled, her eyes shining brighter than the brightest stars in the universe. His name making your heart ache, but her heart flutter
You were surprised that she was already able to arrange something with him so soon. Jin usually wasn't the person to go out with someone he barely knew.
"I'm happy for you."
You smiled back at her, grabbing your stuff out of your bag.

The classes passed and you were tired and couldn't wait to go home. When you walked into the hallway, you saw Jin sitting on one of the benches outside. Repeating Jungkook's words from earlier, you indeed did want to make up with Jin as soon as possible and decided to talk to him.

You walked up to Jin, sitting next to him
"Hi."
"Hi Y/n"
He didn't even look at you, his arms crossed, his leg bouncing up and down
"I wanted to talk everything out with you."
"Did you forgive Jungkook?"
"Well ye-"
"Then please leave me alone."
You couldn't take it anymore.
Why couldn't he just accept it?
"Why are you acting like this Jin?"
He rolled his eyes and he stood up, wanting to walk away but you stopped him.
"Jin look at me. Why can't you just accept it?"
"Because I like you Y/n. More than just a best friend. And seeing you go back to someone who hurt you hurts me."
You froze by Jin's sudden confession, not knowing what to say. He walked away from you, leaving you behind frustrated.

Your best friend liked you?
You were stupid never being able to notice it. He must've been so affected by seeing you go through everything with Jungkook. He must've been so hurt, yet he never showed any sign of jealousy or pain. You felt guilty, foolish for not seeing he was in love with you. You were hurt, knowing you couldn't fix this, you weren't able to make anything up with him. But you couldn't change your feelings, you didn't have them in control. Even though you wished you did, the heart wants what it wants.

So, just like that, you lost your best friend, and there was nothing you could do about it.