Prologue

✨✨✨

The sound of the crashing waves filled my ears and the strong scent of saltwater made my nose scrunch in slight disgust, the salty smell being a tad bit overwhelming. Hearing the seagulls cry and watching their black shadows circle above me in the silvery moonlight made me feel slightly more relaxed. Here. This is where I need to be. Taking in the salty smell one more time, trying not to cringe as the smell burned my nose, I stare up at the moon and the circling seagulls. I'm going to be here a while, aren't I? Turning my eyes back down to the crashing waves, I stare at the foaming water that glittered a dark blue-purple in the moonlight.

Taking a step forward, I hear a loud crunch of a branch, startling me. Lifting my foot I peer down at the branch in question. The way that it glittered in the light sent my stomach to the ground. Blue glitter? I knew I was in for a fun time as I stood still, waiting with a subtle grimace. It didn't take long for a seagull to swoop down to me with a letter. I cringe as I take it and the bird flies off with a chirp. I take a deep breath before I read the words written in silver-blue ink.

"Welcome New Comer,

I see the seagulls have led you here, but even so, I must warn you.

Watch your step, I do not take kindly to trespassers. I offer you a chance now to retreat back to where you came from but if you insist to stay I recommend you tread carefully.

Sincerely,

The Sea's Witch"

I groan as I fold the letter back up, carefully retying the blue ribbon. This whole situation screams trouble but this is where I need to go. Pulling my bag off of my back, I throw it on the ground with a huff. I dig through the stuffed bag, grabbing parchment, my trusty feather pen and ink. I scribble a response as best as I can with my lumpy bag as a surface. When I finish, I scribble a signature and look at it in satisfaction. Tread carefully my butt. I huff as I tie the letter up with my respective silver ribbon. I leave the letter next to the branch with a smirk and head off to search for shelter near the beach.

A/N: Short prologue because, yes. 

Thoughts, feelings, opinions? (God, saying that makes me feel like a teacher.)

- Kari :)