Games

✨✨✨

Nova's POV

I hear his grunt as the door hits him before I hear him laugh and run after me, his feet hitting the wooden floorboards of the patio before he jumps into the sand. I grin, glancing back to see his blonde hair in a wild mess from running and his cheeks were squished into a bright smile as he laughs and continues to run after me.

I slide to a stop, digging into the sand as I turn around and jump into a fighting pose. He stops as well, narrowing his eyes as he adjusts into standing on the balls of his feet. Then, I smile, throwing him off.

"What are you smiling about?" The suspicion is clear in his voice but I only grin wider.

"Oh, nothing."

"Oh it's something alright."

"Well, you aren't wrong," I shrug.

He jumps, spinning on his feet as he looks to the right and I laugh, knowing that the illusion worked.

"Hey! You can't use illusions!" He complains, spinning again in an attempt to find me.

"Who says I can't?" I grin, skipping around to watch his confused face looking around for me.

"Fine, then I can use the water," he huffs but he can't hide his smile as the tides start to come closer, the water smoothly gliding around his bare ankles and feet.

I giggle at the sensation of the water brushing against my feet and jump back, running from it as it creeps closer and closer.

"Found you," Jimin sings, turning in my direction.

"No, you didn't," I laugh, dancing around the reaching water and accidentally letting my illusion drop without realizing it.

Jimin doesn't say anything though, so the fact that illusion dropped goes by unnoticed as I continue to laugh and dance away and around the water. I can't help but squeal at the soft brush of water against my skin, the cool waves so soft unlike when Jimin and I had dueled. I had stopped paying attention to Jimin, too distracted over being able to jump over and around the light blue water.

I laugh as I slip, catching myself but find myself caught in the water.

"Gotcha," Jimin grins at me and I make a face of playful annoyance at him.

The water teasingly climbs up my legs no matter what I try to do, and it's up to my knees before it stops. I don't mind the coolness against my skin, only look at it curiously as it wraps and bends around me.

"You seem to be a lot better," Jimin smiles as he approaches me, the water still tickling my legs.

"Yeah," I breathe out, a little breathless from running around and laughing so much.

"I'm glad," his smile and kind words, as simple as they may be, hit deep.

"You are?" The question leaves my mouth in a hushed whisper, so quiet that Jimin doesn't hear.

"Huh?" He tilts his head with a small frown as he tries to focus on my words.

"Nothing," I clear my throat, looking away for a second before returning to his observant eyes.

"So, about that ice bath," he begins and I cut him off that train of thought real quick.

"No."

"But-"

"But nothing, it's not happening perv," I stick my tongue out at him, grinning at his face full of offense.

"Fine," he rolls his eyes playfully, sticking his tongue out back at me.

The water slowly falls down my legs and slides off my skin, heading back to the sea, leaving behind trails of dark, dampened sand. Aches and pains plague my back and I try to stretch to relieve the light ache.

"Let's go back inside, my back is going to be killing me in a few minutes," I wince at a sharper pain.

"Would a massage help? I'm not very good at them but I could try," he suggests as we wander our way back.

"Perv," I shoot back with a lopsided grin. "But I guess I'll take it."

When we enter the house, I finally notice the lack of people inside.

"Wait, I just remembered," I start to say but Jimin cuts me off.

"They left earlier, they had things to do," he shrugged but I squint in suspicion nonetheless.

"Is that all?" I question with obvious suspicion, making him fidget. 

Not that I was actually suspicious, it's just more fun to see him fidget.

"Yes."

"Mmkay," I drawl, letting him squirm a little more before letting myself lay down on the couch. 

A/N: Achievement unlocked! Didn't bother to edit that much cause I was gonna sleep before remembering I hadn't updated yet! It's big time sad for me, school is starting in a month so gotta start my summer work and then next week my tennis season starts, sigh. I think the only reason I'm doing season is for the sports waiver, though doing archery again would be fun. Maybe I'll do it again my senior year just for the sake of it. Who knows?

- Kari :)