Chapter Fifteen: Green {Cole}

"So are you going to tell me what's going on with you and Ellie?" Sebastian asks, placing his suit case near the closet and heading toward the T.V. as I pull my shirt over my head, tossing it toward my bag.

Ellie.

The thought of her makes me want to punch something. Or someone.

Namely, the guy fucking with her over text message.

How long has that been going on?

Sebastian faces me, raising a brow. Only then do I realize he asked me a question.

"Nothing is going on," I tell him, a sudden yearn to tell him about the messages on Ellie's phone coming over me. How would Sebastian react?

Fuck, he'd probably kill the guy.

Ellie would never forgive me if I told him, that's what she said.

Still, Sebastian needs to know, especially if she won't let me help her deal with it.

"Listen, man, there's something I gotta tell you." Just as I begin, he holds out a hand. Frowning, I let him speak.

"I don't care if you guys hooked up or not, but she's like a little sister to me so no details," he shivers, making a pained face. I let his words settle for a second.

Despite being preoccupied, thoughts of Ellie and I hooking up surge in my mind.

All I can see is her chest arching towards mine, blonde waves wrapped in my fist and myself buried between her legs. Those long, smooth legs wrapping around me, dark eyelashes fluttering closed as I taste her skin.

I force them out, screwing my eyes shut.

"No, man," I tell him. "Ellie and I haven't... There's nothing between us." When I open my eyes, I see his blank face, eyebrow raised in apprehension. "What?" I ask.

"Right. Nothing all. That's why you were super jealous at the gas station when that blonde fucker was flirting with her. And that's why you let her sleep on your lap. And that's why you bought her a bottle of water before she even woke up. Come on, man. You might not be in love with the girl, but you at least like her enough to be decent to her, which, no offense, is rare." He grins, shrugging. "You're kind of a dick to everyone else."

"Yeah, well, there's nothing like that between Ellie and I." Rolling his eyes, he turns on the T.V.

Just as he moves to sit, a knock sounds from the door.

Seb pulls it open, letting the two girls inside, Scarlet entering first. "You guys want to swim with us?" she asks, but my attention isn't on her.

Standing in the doorway, Ellie's eyes flicker to mine. As my heart beats a little faster, I'm thrown back into my thoughts earlier when I look at her swimsuit.

Her light skin is contrasted by the black top and bottoms she wears. The bottoms are high-waist, an attempt to cover her love handles and stomach. The top, however, hides nothing.

She wears the top like she owns the fucking world, the black straps tying behind her neck and hugging her chest just right.

I've never seen this much skin from her.

And I don't think I ever want to see her cover it up again.

My body feels hot as I stare at her, nearly jumping out of my skin as her eyes meet mine, green orbs electrifying me to my core.

Why is she looking at me like that?

Once I realize Sebastian is getting his swim trunks out, I stand from the bed, doing the same. Mine are easier to find, and I step into the bathroom, slipping mine on quickly before exiting.