Chapter Forty-One: You and Me {Ellie}

Two Days Later

Looking at myself in the mirror one more time, I sigh. The pair of skinny jeans go well with the oversized gray t-shirt. However, the sandals on my feet don't match that great, and my hair should probably be up instead of down.

Fuck, did I smudge my make-up?

Do I even wear jewelry with this outfit?

It's casual, that's what Cole said. He said to dress casual and that we'd be doing a lot of walking, so don't wear heels. This is casual right?

I need to change.

"Damn, Ellie," Sebastian whistles, leaning against my doorframe with a bag of chips in his hand. He takes a handful, shoving them into his mouth as he looks me over. "You look good. Where's Cole taking you?"

I smile, facing him as I take a deep breath.

"We're going out to eat and then to the aquarium." Nodding, he stuffs another handful of chips into his mouth again. He barely turns to look over his shoulder as the sound of footsteps ascending the stairs gathers our attention. Cole turns the corner, moving toward my room.

He wears an outfit similar to what he wore for his interview, looking incredibly handsome as he walks. His chin stays raised, his eyes latching onto mine as a smirk curls across his lips. He looks sexy and the little shit knows it, too.

Squeezing past Sebastian, who stuffs even more chips into his mouth, Cole stands directly in front of me, steely eyes raking down my body. Goosebumps follow his eyes' trail.

"That's my cue to leave," Sebastian says, talking with his mouthful as he starts to walk away. A chuckle escapes me as he does so, my eyes rolling as I'm left alone with Cole. Releasing a breath, he brings his eyes to mine once more.

Suddenly, there's a splash of red between us as he produces a bouquet of roses from his back, a sexy smile on his face. Stomach flipping as a blush dusts my cheeks, I take the flowers from him, unable to stop my smile.

He got me flowers!

"Thank you," I tell him, holding back a squeal of happiness. "They're beautiful."

"Like you," he says smoothly, taking the opportunity to place a hand on my waist. He pulls me closer, close enough that I now smell the cologne and aftershave he wears, minty and masculine at the same time. I feel my face heat as I smile softly, feeling both embarrassed and flattered.

"I'll go put these in some water," I tell him, grabbing my things as I move past him. He follows me, flicking off the light and descending down the stairs only a few seconds after I do. It only takes a couple minutes to grab a vase, putting the flowers in and moving for the front door. Saying a quick good-bye to Scar and Seb, we head toward Cole's car.

My heart flutters as he opens the door for me, letting me climb inside before he closes it, rounding the car and getting in the driver's seat. Air begins blasting through the vents as he puts on his seatbelt, his arms flexing as he does so. I try to keep my eyes off of him, but I'm quickly called out on my staring.

"See something you like, sweetheart?" he asks,  a smug smile on his lips as he takes a pair of aviators from the dash, slipping them on.

I'm so lost in him that I don't even answer, unable to make words come out as I look him over again. After a moment, I force my gaze away, smiling to myself at the image of Cole. I shake my head, baffled. What on Earth did I do to deserve this boy?

Cole adjusts himself in the other seat as he begins pulling out of the driveway, getting more comfortable in the seat and placing one hand on the steering wheel. The other reaches across the console, palm opening as he waits for something.