Chapter Twenty-Five: Stone {Cole}

We enter the house, and the girls somehow don't notice us, all singing and now sitting at the kitchen island, completely in their feelings. Sebastian takes a step forward, but he's stopped by Asher, who puts a hand out to block his path.

The sight is cute. It brings a smile to my face.

I mean, they kind of sound like shit, but it's still cute as hell.

Suddenly, Scarlet's head snaps toward us, her eyes lighting up. She moves toward us, smiling widely as she hugs Asher. Taylor moves next, embracing Sebastian lovingly. He presses a kiss to the top of her head as I take slow steps toward the kitchen. Ellie stands still, her eyes shy and hidden from mine. I lean against the counter, crossing one leg over the other as I stare at her.

Her normally wavy blonde hair has been styled into big loose curls that cascade down her back and shoulders, pushed back from her face that's been decorated with a little bit of make-up. Just like in the video, she wears a pair of dark jeans with holes in the knees, a pair of wedges, and a beautiful green top that brings out her eyes.

"Ready to get fucked up?" Asher asks me, clapping me on the shoulder as he passes me. My eyes follow him as he goes through the kitchen, looking for alcohol. I cringe as he pulls out two cases of beer.

"Ellie?" he offers. She shakes her head, nose curling up in distaste before she turns away and heads toward her bedroom. She re-emerges a few minutes later, but before I can focus on her any longer, Asher begins babbling about something.

Ellie comes up to me, holding a small glass with ice and a dark liquid inside. Her green eyes find mine as she takes a large drink of her own, waiting for me to try it. I raise a brow, but she just smiles shyly, giving nothing away.

"What is it, blondie?"

"I had some whiskey in my room. I don't like beer, and I can tell you're not a fan either," she says, smiling softly. I give her a soft smile that probably looks more like a cringe without me meaning to. Instead of speaking, I just push the glass to my lips, drinking.

Jack and Coke.

"Thanks, sweetheart." Her cheeks turn pink, right along with the tips of her ears that are revealed as she pushes her hair behind them.

It feels good knowing I make her blush, a little flower of pride blooming in my chest.

For a while, the group continues to drink, some more wasted than others, but nearly all of us at least buzzed by the time Sebastian starts getting into his sad music kick. I sigh, knowing he's probably close to tears as he always is when he's this fucked up.

Instead of another sad song, I hear a strangely beautiful melody begin playing.

"Oh, I love this song. Dance with me!" Taylor grabs Sebastian's hand, pulling him to the livingroom and wrapping her arms around his neck. He places his hands on her waist, singing to her sweetly. They look so in love, smiling at one another.

Makes me wanna vomit.

Scarlet and Asher are next, moving and dancing beside the other two happily. I don't miss the not-so-discreet look Scarlet gives me as she gestures to Ellie with her eyes.

A sudden jolt of nervousness goes through me.

Should I really ask Ellie to dance?

I can't, it's too awkward. The song's almost over and she's comfortable there sitting on the stool and I can't fucking dance to save my life anyways. Besides, she'd probably turn me down. She's drunk and she'll get dizzy and then probably throw up. Or I'll throw up. It's just not a good idea.