3

I woke up from the sun hitting my eyes. I smiled and opened my eyes. I climbed out of bed and walked over to my bedroom window. I then walked over to my closet and pulled off my PJs. I then pulled on new clothes. 

After I pulled on my shoes, I did my hair

After I pulled on my shoes, I did my hair. I walked over to my desk and sat down. I pulled out my laptop and started to write some on Wattpad. I stopped typing to think and that's when I heard yelling coming from my neighbor's house. Her name is Kelly. 

I got up from my hair and looked over at her house. That's when I saw her. "Please, don't." She said. That's when a gunshot echoed through her house. I moved away from the window. I put my hand over my mouth. I looked around the corner to see an old teacher of mine there, John Keller. I put my head on the wall and waited there. 

I took deep breaths. I then ran out of my room and to the living room. Rose and Lily weren't there. "Hey, Sky. Did you hear that bang?" Rose asked. I looked to see that they were in the kitchen. "Sky, are you okay?" Lily asked. "Kelly........gun..........John." I said. 

"Take deep breaths Sky," Rose said. I did as she said. "Now, tell us. What is it?" Lily asked. "Kelly was shot with a gun. John killed her." I said with tears running down my face. Lily ran to me. She hugged me. I hugged her back and looked at Rose. She grabbed her phone and started to talk to someone. Rose then looked out of the window at Kelly's house. 

"It's okay. When the police get here you can tell them what you saw." Lily said as she rubbed my back. I nodded as an answer. We then let go. "Why don't you grab something to do and you can stay in the living room," Lily said. I looked over at Rose to see that she was still on the phone. I walked to my room. I grabbed my phone, earbuds, and the book that I'm reading. 

I looked over at Kelly's house one last time before I walked out of my room to the living room. I sat down on the couch and put everything, but my phone on the coffee table. That's when my phone went off. I opened it to see it was a text from a number that I don't have saved in my phone. 

??: Hey Skylar, it's Freddy. How are you doing this sunny morning?

I saved the number in my phone right after I read the text. I then went to reply to him. 

Me: Could be way better. 

Freddy: Why? Did something happen? Are you okay?

Me: Yes, something happened, I'm okay just not mentally, and I think I just saw my neighbor get murdered. So, I'm peachy.

Freddy: Oh my, that is something big to happen in the morning.

Me: Yeah, now just to tell her family about it. I know that her funeral might be soon since she was already getting ready for it since she had cancer.

Right after I clicked send on that one I heard the police cars getting to Kelly's house. I turned my phone off and looked at Rose. She was off of the phone and looking out of the window with Lily at her side. They both looked back at me. 

That's when the doorbell went off. Rose walked to the door. "Come on in." was all I heard her say. A police officer walked into the house. He looked at me. "Are you Skylar?" He asked making me nod. "Can you come with me?" he asked. I put got up from the couch and put my phone in my pocket. 

I followed him out of the house and over to Kelly's. "We just want you to stay in the living room of the victim's house until the deceptive that has the case comes with two people that work in the morgue." The officer said. 

We walked into Kelly's house. I walked into the living room to her bay window. I sat down on the bay window and stayed there. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked to see that Freddy text back. 

Freddy: I'm sorry for your loss. Were you close to her?

Me: Yes, I'd go over and spent hours with her. She taught me how to play the piano and this was way before I moved into the house that I'm living in. 

Freddy: Well, I have to go, but is you need anything just text me and I'm sure Billy might text you soon too. Bye.

I closed my phone and looked out the window. That's when a black unmarked police car pulled up along with another car behind it. Three of my marks that are on my back started to burn. My mates are here. 

Great, when something big happens in my life, it just has to be when my mates come. I accepted them as the doors to both cars opened. That's when I saw two men and one lady. They closed the doors and started to walk up to the house. They stopped halfway to the door to talk to the officer that brought me over here. I put my head on the wall of the bay window and kept looking outside of the house. 

The group of now four walked into the house and to the room that Kelly was in. They didn't even look at me, but I understand since they have to do their job.

*Clive's View*

Walking past my mate was hard for me. I wanted to go up to her and introduce myself to her. But instead, I walked into the room that the victim is in. The victim was a lady. I looked at Ravi and Liv. 

"That was the hardest thing for me to do," Ravi said before he and Liv got down by the victim. We found out that we found that we have the same mate one night at Liv's place. I nodded in agreement. 

"The victim was shot through the heart," Liv said. I nodded again and looked at the window of the room. On the other side of a fence was another window to the bedroom of a neighbor. 

Both of the windows are open. I thought some as I looked back at Liv and Ravi. They both looked up at me. "What are you thinking, Clive?" Liv asked as Ravi and she got up on their feet. "Well, this window and the window to that room at the neighbor's house is open. So, whoever's room that is must have heard or seen what happened. Which will make this case easier than it normally is." I said. 

"Good thing you brought that up. We do have a witness." another officer said. "Who is it?" Ravi asked. "She's sitting on the bay window." the office said before walking away. I looked over there to see our mate there. 

"Oh god," Ravi said. "Well, at least we get to talk to our mate," I said making them nod. I took a deep breath before we walked over to her. 

*Sky's View*

"Excuse me, miss." A voice said. I looked to see three of my mates standing there. "Are you the one that called?" one of the men asked. "No, but I'm the one that saw it. One of my foster moms called it in." I answered. "Can you tell us where you were in the house when you saw it?" he asked. I looked at them. "Or I can show you," I said making them nod. I got up from the bay window and walked to the door. 

I walked out of the house and to the sidewalk to is in front of the house with three of my mates following me.