5

I grabbed the handle of the door only for, four of my marks to start to burn. I shook it off and walked inside. I took an earbud out and accepted them. I started to look around the store. That's when two boxes caught my eye. 

"Well, hello." a voice said. I turned around to see a kid that looks around my age standing there. "Are you my mate?" He asked. I looked at him for a little bit. "I'm Jasper by the way. Jasper Dunlop." He added. 

I thought about the names on my back before smiling

I thought about the names on my back before smiling. "Yeah, I am," I said. He smiled. "What can I help you with?" He asked as he walked over to me. "Well, it's my foster mom's niece's birthday in a few days and I was just looking around to see if I could find anything for her," I said making him nod. 

"What does she like?" Jasper asked. I would tell that he was trying to help me out. "Well, I know she likes art, rocks" I listed. "Well, I think we have a small chest with some rocks in it and some other stuff that she might like," Jasper said as he walked to one part of the store. I smiled. 

That's when the song 'Take a Chance on me' from Mamma Mia came on. I looked over at Jasper. I started to look around the place myself. "Jasper." A voice said. I looked to see a man, a girl, and another boy standing there. "Yes," Jasper said as he walked up to the counter. That's when the other three people saw me standing there. 

"Hi, I'm Ray. I own this place." the man said. "Skylar," I said. "I'm Henry and that's Charlotte." the boy said. "Nice to meet you all," I said. That's when my phone went off. I grabbed it and opened it. 

Rose: Kelly's funeral is Monday and Gracey's party is Tuesday

Me: K

I closed my phone and put it away. "So, Skylar. I found these that might work." Jasper said. I walked over to him and looked at them. 

(The box has rocks inside

(The box has rocks inside.)

"That's perfect," I said. He smiled and started to ring me up. "So, is this for you?" Henry asked. "No, my foster mom's niece's birthday is coming up and I was asked to get her something," I answered. 

"Wait, are you in the system?" Charlotte asked. "Yeah, I was found as a baby in a basket on the side of a highway. So, I've been in the system since then." I said as I paid for the two items. 

Jasper put them in a bag for me. "So, how old are you?" Henry asked. "Sixteen," I said making them nod. I grabbed the bag from Jasper. "Well, I better head out. It was nice meeting you guys." I said. "You too." They said as I walked out of the shop. 

I smiled and put the bag by the other one. I climbed on my bike and biked home. That's nine mates that I have met. That means I still have seventy-one mates to meet. I took a breath as I turned into the driveway of the house. 

When I got home I put my bike away in the garage before making my way inside. "Hey, kiddo. What did you find?" Rose asked. 

 ~Time Skip~

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. Today came too fast. It's Monday......Kelly's funeral is today. I sat up and ran my hands through my hair. There was a quiet knock on the door. I looked over as it cracked open. "Hey, kiddo. It's time to get ready." Rose said. She is already in her black dress. I nodded. She gave me a weak smile before closing the door. I got up from my bed and walked over to the door. I locked it before walking to my closet. I pulled off my clothes and started to get dressed. 

After pulled on the dress there was a knock on the door

After pulled on the dress there was a knock on the door. I walked to the door and opened it. Making the door unlock. On the other side was Lily. "Hey, I was wondering if I can help you with your hair," she said. "Sure," I said as I moved out of the way. 

I sat down at my desk chair. She walked over and started to work on my hair. "So, where is the funeral at?" I wondered. "It's at this place called Shady Plots," Lily answered as she finished my hair. She then put on a necklace for me. "Now get your shoes on and grab your phone," Lily said as she walked out of the room. Leaving me there. 

I got up from the chair and walked back to my closet. I slipped on a pair of dark gray flats before looking out the window at Kelly's house. Her house is now empty. I turned away from the window and walked back to my desk. I grabbed a small black purse and put my phone inside. I then walked out of the room. 

"Alright, let's head out to the funeral home," Rose said making me and Lily nod. I climbed in the backseat on the passenger side. I put the purse on the seat next to me as I closed the car door. I did my seatbelt as Rose drove off. 

"So, have you met any other mates? I know that going to a funeral might be hard, but I just want to get some conversation." Lily said. "Yeah, I met four more yesterday when I went shopping," I replied. 

They both nodded as Rose pulled into a parking lot.