10

*Time Skip*

"Skylar, time to get up," Rose said. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "You have to get up. You have school." Rose said before she walked out of my room, closing the door behind her. I sat up and looked around my room. I rolled my eyes as I got up from the bed. I walked over to my closet. I stripped out of my PJs and got dressed. 

After I put my shoes on, I put my hair up in a ponytail before I grabbed my backpack and phone

After I put my shoes on, I put my hair up in a ponytail before I grabbed my backpack and phone. I walked to the door and opened it. I walked down the hallway and to the kitchen. "Good morning, Skylar," Lily said. I smiled at her. "Morning," I said. 

"Did you hear that Kelly's family sold her house?" Rose asked. I looked at them. They already cleaned out the house of everything that Kelly owned and it's all in their house. They were looking through and waiting for the will to be read. 

"Really?" Lily questioned. "Yeah, the couple that's moving in is going to be moving in, in two days," Rose said. Lily nodded as she took a sip of her coffee. That's when there was a honk outside. "That's my ride. See you guys after school." I said. "Bye!" They yelled at me as I walked to the door. I opened it and walked outside. 

I closed the door behind me and walked to my friend's car. I climbed into the passenger seat. Closing the door behind me and putting my backpack on the floor. "So, Skylar. How was everything?" Alanna asked. She's in the backseat with Damon and David. Rachel is in the driver's seat. 

I put on my seatbelt and answered her. "Well, I found out that the person I watch get murdered was the person that found me as a baby. I met eleven of my mates. I finished the bond with one of them. The softball team won our last game and my foster cousin's birthday was so loud." 

My friends and my two foster parents are the only people other than Blaine who know that I have 80 mates. "Well, you had a lot of fun these last four days," David said. I smiled at him. "Oh, Skylar. There are some new kids that came to school Monday while you were gone. Yesterday we invited them to eat with us and guess what." Rachel said. 

"What?" 

"They are your mates too," Alanna said with a big smile on her face. I looked at them. "Really?" 

"They aren't kidding, Sky. We all saw your full name on their wrists. There are seven of them and apparently their foster parents also have your name on their wrists." Damon said. I looked at them all before looking out the window. 

"Oh, and today they in homeroom we are talking about a trip that only our class is going to." Rachel said making me nod. I took a breath as Rachel pulled into the parking lot. "There they are." Damon pointed out when Rachel parked. I looked the way he was pointing. I felt seven of my marks burn right when I saw them. I unbuckled my seatbelt before I grabbed my bag. 

I accepted them as I opened the car door. I climbed out of the car and closed the door. I put my bag on my back as I walked to the front of the car. "They also are in our homeroom so they are going on the trip with us," Rachel told me. I nodded as the five of us walked up to the front door. 

I looked back at my mates before I walked inside the school. "Alright, guys. I have to go to the office, but see you guys later." I said. They nodded as they walked to their lockers which is right by mine. I walked into the office. 

"Welcome back, Skylar," Lori said. She was at the desk. "Thank you," I said. "A missing pass right," Lori said. "Yes please," I said. 

That's when Jodi got up from her chair and walked to the other side of Lori. I saw out of the corner of my eye was one of the seven mates. Jodi grabbed a piece of paper from him. "Thanks for finally turning this in, Emmet," Jodi said. "Here you go, Skylar," Lori said as she handed me a missing pass. I smiled and grabbed it from her. I folded it up and put it in my pocket. 

"Sorry for your loss Skylar," Jodi said as she sat back down in her desk chair. "It's fine. Well, I better get ready for homeroom. See you guys later." I said before I walked out of the room. I walked to my locker. I opened the door. "So, Skylar. Looks like one was in the office with you. Which on was it?" Rachel asked when I put my backpack in my locker. I grabbed my stuff for homeroom before I closed the door. 

"I think Jodi said that his name was Emmet," I said. She looked at me before nodding. We both walked to our homeroom class, which is with Mr. Reller. 

When I got inside I put my stuff on my desk and made sure that my phone was turned off. I then walked up to Mr. Reller, who was at his desk. "Well, welcome back Skylar," he said as I handed him the missing slip. 

"You just missed the permission slip. It's due tomorrow, which I know you will be able to get it signed and turned in by then." He said as he wrote it down. "Oh, and we have new students." He added as he handed me the slip. 

"So, I heard," I said. He smiled. "Alright, why don't you take a seat." He said. I nodded and sat down. Rachel's desk is right by mine. The bell rang making Mr. Reller stand up. He put a piece of paper on my desk which was the permission slip. 

I put the paper in my folder as he started to talk to the class. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen. As you all know we are going on a field trip soon. So, I want you all to get those slips signed and turned in by tomorrow. Some already turned them in. So I want the rest of you to do that or you will miss out." Mr. Reller said. 

 I zoned out for most of the class. I got back to reality when the bell rang. I grabbed my things. "Don't forget to turn in your permission slips!" Mr. Reller yelled at us as we walked out of the room. This is going to be a long day.