16

"Bernadette, where do you want the dishes?" Someone yelled. "Well, I better go help that," Bernadette said before she walked out of the room. "So, do you want to help us with the closet?" Penny asked. 

"Sure," I said as I grabbed the box that I put on the bed. They smiled as we walked into the closet. We opened the box. "So, tell us about yourself. What school fo you go to?" Penny asked as she started to empty the box. "Seahawks high, it's not too far from here," I said as I helped them put the stuff that is in the box away. 

They smiled. "What grade are you in?" Amy asked. "I'm a sophomore even though I was asked to go to a gifted school, but my foster parents want me to stay at that school," I said. Amy smiled at me as I put some of Bernadette's shirts in one of the drawers. "Why do your foster parents want you to stay at that school?" Penny asked as she worked on the shoes. 

"So, I'd have a somewhat normal life with friends," I said. "That makes sense," Amy said. "Hey, guys. Got more boxes for you." someone said. A man walked into the room with two boxes. He stopped when he saw me. "Skylar, this is Raj," Penny said as he put the boxes down. 

He waved. "It's hard for him to talk to girls. His anxiety gets in the way." Amy said as she moved the boxes away from him. "I understand that. I also have anxiety." I said before I put away Benagette's jewelry. "How bad do you have it?" Amy asked. "Well, it got to the point that I wouldn't talk to anyone," I said as I finished putting the jewelry away. 

"How did you get over it?" Penny asked. "Speech," I said. They nodded. "Skylar, can you get more boxes?" Amy asked. "Sure thing," I said. I got up from the ground and walked out of the closet.

I walked out of the house. That's when I saw Howard outside. He saw me. "Hey, Skylar. Are you here for more boxes?" he asked. "Yup," I said while popping the p. He smiled as I walked over to him. "Well, I'm sure there are more boxes that are for Bernadette's closet," Howard said as he climbed into the trailer. 

"Well, there are a few more boxes in here," Howard said. He climbed out of the trailer with two in hand. "Here you go. The other ones are at the end of the trailer if you need them." Howard said. I smiled and walked back inside the house with the boxes. I walked back to the closet. "More boxes," I said as I put them down. 

"Thank you," Amy said. I nodded and put them down. "Hey, Skylar. We are sending someone to get something for everyone at the cafe that is a block away. Do you want anything?" she asked. 

"Yeah, a latte please," I said. "Sure thing," she said. She then walked away. I opened one of the boxes and started to put everything that was inside. "Skylar, can you help me in another room?" Bernadette questioned. I got up. "You can go to help her," Penny said. "We're okay in here," Amy said. 

I nodded and walked out of the closet. I walked into the room that Bernadette is in. "What can I help you with?" I asked. She looked around the room. "I have no cool what to do in here and I wanted your opinion," she said. I looked around the room. "Well, this room used to be a hangout. The old owner had a piano other there and couch right there." I pointed to where everything used to be. 

"Did you use to know the person that lived here?" She asked. "Yeah, she taught me how to play piano in this room," I said as I remembered that that. 

"Alright, Skylar. Try and play the song you just learned." Kelly said. I nodded and started to play that song. I smiled once I knew that I finished the song. "Did you just hear that?" I asked. "I did that," I added. 

"Yes, and you did an amazing job. Do you want to continue? I can teach another song to you want." Kelly said. I still couldn't believe that I played that one. I smiled and nodded my head eagerly making Kelly laugh. 

"Where you close with the girl that used to live here?"Bernadette asked. "Kind of. We would spend hours hanging out." I said as I looked at her. "Well, do you want to help me with this room?" she asked. "Sure," I said. She smiled. I looked at the stuff that she wanted to put in the room. 

"Why don't you get started and while I check to see how everyone else is." She said. I nodded and started to move things around the room. "Hey, are you the one that asked for the latte?" Someone asked after a while. I looked to see one of my other mates. "Yeah, that's me," I said. I walked over to him. 

I grabbed the cup from him. "Thank you," I said as I took a sip. "No problem. I'm Leonard by the way." He said. "Skylar," I said before I took another sip. 

He smiled. "Leonard, Howard and I need your help moving boxes to the kitchen!" Sheldon yelled. Leonard shook his head and walked out of the room. I put my drink down and moved one last thing. I smiled and picked my drink up again. "Wow, it looks amazing in here," Bernadette said. I smiled at her. 

"It's amazing. Thank you." Bernadette said. I smiled again and took a sip of my drink. "Well, I think you did a good job. You can head home if you want. Come over whenever you want." she said. I smiled and nodded. "See you later," I said before walking out. I walked out of the house. "Bye guys," I said to my other mates as I walked to my house. 

I opened the front door and walked inside the house, closing the door behind me.