13

"Hey Rose," I said. "Don't hey Rose me." She said. "Why did we get a call from the school telling us that you punched Grace?" Lily asked. She also had anger in her eyes. "She was bullying me and my friends. She threw an apple at us. What if it was a fork? I was sticking up for myself and trying to help myself." I answered. 

"Well, you're grounded. You aren't going to school tomorrow. Instead, you will help our new neighbors move in." Rose said. "That is so unfair. What about when I'm a senior you guys doing that will make it harder for me to get in college." I said. 

"Life isn't fair. We already told them and they are cool with it. So, you will do that tomorrow. You got that!"Lily yelled at me. I started to shake. The yelling reminded me of an old placement. The couple would yell at me and beat me. Rose stepped closer to me. I stepped away from them in fear. "Sky." She said I opened the door and race out of the house. "Skylar!" Lily yelled after me. I didn't stop. I kept on running. 

I ran until my legs grew tired and until I didn't recognize the buildings around me. I stopped running and walked instead of run. That's when someone put their hand over my mouth. I was pulled into an aisle. "This is what you get for going to the police you brat." a voice that I remember said. It was John. 

He pulled my pants down before unzipping his jeans. I closed my eyes. I then felt him take advantage of me. I started to cry. When he pulled out he let me go. I fell to the ground as he fixed his pants. He then walked away leaving me in the aisle. 

I stayed there for a little bit until I got the strength to get up. I pulled my pants and underwear back up with tears streaming down my face. I then walked out of the aisle way. As a taxi drove by one mark started to burn. I accepted that mate but didn't think much of it as I couldn't wrap my head around what just happened. 

The taxi stopped. The driver got out and walked over to me. "Miss. are you okay?" the driver asked. I stepped away from him. That's when another door of the taxi opened and my mate climbed out. He is in a red and black suit. "Let her be Dopinder," he said. The driver nodded and backed away. "Are you okay, my little mate?" he asked. I looked at him with tears still falling down my face. 

I shook my head and held my arms. He took this mask off. His face is all scared. "I know, I looked weird and scary. You don't have to be scared of me. I'm Wade......Wade Wilson." my mate said. I then thought of someone I can talk to about this. "Can you drive me to the police station?" I asked in between breaths. The driver nodded. Wade held out his covered hand to me. I slowly reached out for it. He smiled and walked me to the taxi. 

He climbed in first then I climbed in. I closed the door behind me. The driver or Dopinder started to drive. "Can you tell me what happened?" Wade asked. I looked at him. "You can talk to me," he said. "I got in a fight with my foster parents. I got in trouble for punching my bully who could've hurt my friends. I ran from them. I got by that aisle. A man covered my mouth and pulled me in the aisle." I said as more tears fell. 

"It's okay. You can stop right there. Just nod your head or shake your head. Did he take advantage of you?" Wade asked. I nodded my head. "Did he rape you?" He asked. I nodded again. 

He didn't ask a question long after that. "Can I give you a hug?" He asked after a while. I looked at him. "I will never hurt you," he added. I nodded and hugged him. He hugged me back. It felt nice to get a hug. More tears fell down my face as I hide my face in his neck. "It's okay. Did I make you cry more?" He asked as he let go of me. I let go and looked at him. "I barely get hugs so, it was emotional for me and I'm still sad for what just happened," I said. 

He nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I put my head on his shoulder. "What's his name?" Wade asked. "John Keller," I answered. "It's okay. He will never lay a hand on you." Wade said as the taxi slowed to a stop. I climbed out of the taxi, closing the door behind me. The taxi drove away as I looked at the station. That's when I saw the door open. Ravi was there. He stopped when he saw me.

"Skylar, are you okay? What's wrong?" Ravi asked as he walked over to me. Another tear fell. "Something happened to me tonight, Ravi," I said. "Shh, it's okay," Ravi said as he pulled me into a hug. 

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked as I hugged him back. "I was pulled into an aisle and I was r.raped." I stuttered. I felt Ravi freeze when I said that. "It's going to be okay." He said as he let go. I looked at him after I let go. 

"Come on. Let's go inside and I will call Clive to come and talk to you more about what happened." Ravi said as he held his hand out to me. I held his hand as we walked to the morgue. When we got there, Ravi grabbed my backpack from me and put it on a desk chair. "How about a cup of hot chocolate?" Ravi asked as he pulled his phone out. "Yes, please," I said. He nodded and walked to a kitchen type of place. He started to talk to someone as he made me the hot chocolate.