6

I grabbed my purse before I undid my seat belt and opened the car door. I took a deep breath as I closed the car door. Two marks started to feel weird as I walked closer to the funeral home. "Hey, Skylar." Kelly's mom said. I stopped walking and looked at her.

Her name is Emma. She is the nicest person that I've ever met. Those two marks started to burn more when I got closer to the home. Lily and Rose walked inside. "How are you doing hun?" Emma asked.

"I'm okay, hanging in there," I said. "Same here. Kelly thought of you as a daughter to her. The one thing that she wanted the best life for. It was you." Emma said. I nodded. "Come on. We should head inside." Emma said as she walked up to the door. I slowly followed behind her. The door to the home closed before I got there.

I touched the door handle and the same two marks started to burn more. Two of my mates are inside the home. I took a deep breath as I accepted them. I opened the door and walked inside. That's when I saw two people standing there looking at me.

(Picture above.)

"Skylar," Thomas said as he walked up to me. He is Kelly's dad. I looked away from my mates and looked at Thomas. "How are you doing kiddo?" he asked. "I'm hanging in there, but either about me. How are you? I know it must be hard when she was your daughter." I said. "I'm also hanging in there. We did know that this day will come, just not the way that we thought," he said making me nod. 

"Well, it's hard on you too," he said. That's when Kelly's brother walked up to us. "Hey, Sky," Mark said. "Hi," I replied. "Come on. We should head in. It's about to start." Mark said after a while. "We'll talk later," Thomas said before he and Mark walked away from me. I took a breath and followed them inside. 

I looked around the room trying to find Rose and Lily. I then saw them on the other side of the room. I walked over to them and sat at the end of the row. That's when the funeral started. A priest walked up to the stand that is in front of Kelly. 

"Thank you all for coming. Today is a sad day. Today is the day that you lost a daughter, a sister, a hero, someone to look up to, a friend. Kelly Jackson has put together a video and sent it to me for you guys to watch." the priest said. He walked away from the stand as a video started to play on the TV behind him. 

"Hello everyone. I'm glad you all came today. I wanted to take the time to thank some important people in my life. Mom, Dad, I'm glad that you raised me the way you did. If you didn't raise me to be the person that I was then one person that I've grown to known would have never met me." Kelly said. 

A felt a tear roll down my face. Why did she have to go? "Mark, I'm happy to call you brother. You were there for me when things got hard. When I was in college you were the one that talked to me about staying and not giving up on my classes." Kelly said making more tears roll down my face. 

"To all my friends, I want you to know that even with me gone......you will be helping me. You've brought smiles to my face when I was feeling down. I can even repay you guys." Kelly said. "And to one person that made me the hero that I'm called to be. Skylar, I'm glad you moved in next door to me. Without knowing you I wouldn't have known where I'd be without you." Kelly said. 

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Skylar, I want you and everyone else to celebrate. Don't morn forever." Kelly said before the video stopped. I wiped my tears and tried to stop crying. 

The priest walked back up to the stand. "Today may be a sad day, but it's also a happy day. A day where a good soul goes up and meets the lord." the priest said. I looked down at the floor and tried to stop crying. I zoned out of the rest of the priest's speech. 

I looked up to see Kelly's family going up to where Kelly is going to be for the rest of her life. They then turned around and looked at me. Another tear fell down my face. Mark walked over to me. "Come on. I'll walk up with you," he said as he held out his hand. I grabbed his hand. He helped me to my feet before we walked up to Kelly. 

She laid there in a white dress. Her hands-on her stomach. A necklace around her neck. Her hair is curly. "Hey, Skylar. Can we talk to you alone?" Mark asked after a while. I looked at him before nodding. I walked out of the room. We stopped by the main lobby. I saw Thomas and Emma there. I looked at them. "Okay, what's going on?" I asked. I could see my two mates out of the corner of my eye, but I paid no mind to it. 

"Skylar, do you know who found you as a baby?"Emma asked. I looked at them with a confused look as I shook my head. "No, ever time I asked I get told that no one can tell me that. Unless the person that found me tells me." I said. 

I looked at them all. "Why are you guys asking? Why would you pick now out of all the times to ask me?" I wondered. "We were asking you because Emma wanted us too," Mark said. I looked at him with sadness in my eyes. "Why would Emma want to know?" I asked. 

Thomas held out a piece of paper that is folded up. "She wants you to read this," he said. I looked at him before grabbing it. They didn't leave as I opened the paper up to read.