In The Snake Pit

Veronica Pov

I get behind the bar and Toni gives me a smirk probably because of that chick fight. I serve a few serpents then she walks over to me "so that was fun to watch you kick that Amy's ass" said Toni and I just roll my eyes "Jughead threw her out like she was trash and told her not to come back" said Toni as Sweet Pea sits down "of course he did, serpents protect their own" said Sweet Pea with a smirk "I'm not a Serpent yet" I said to him as Toni walks away "you work here which means you're protected by us anyway, you don't need to be a serpent, you're a friend of the leader of the Southside Serpents and an employee" he said to me "still going to become a serpent anyway" I said to him with a shrug.

"What you do you want" I ask him and of course he gives me a mischievous grin "you" he said to me and I roll my eyes "I mean here at the bar" I said to him "well I mean we could wait till it's closed and I will do you on this bar" said Sweet Pea with a smile "what do you want to drink and don't say anything dirty you know what I mean" I said warningly, Sweet Pea chuckles "a bud light" he said to me and I slide one to him "so how far are you in initiation" Sweet Pea asks curiously "did the laws just have to get that knife out of that gross snake tank" I tell him and Sweet Pea smirks "I look forward to the last test" he says and I look up at him and he points at the stage at the pole, "it'll be the best three minutes of your life" I said flirtatiously and he chuckles "have you pole danced before" asks Sweet Pea with a cocky smirk "they have classes and I can dance anyway, I've been dancing for years and I don't mean just at clubs" I said with a smile.

I walk away to serve drinks then come back "so you used to take dance lessons" he asks curiously "I used to take dance classes up until I moved here and I was a river vixen at Riverdale High school, I'd love to open my own dance studio, Cheryl, myself and Toni have been talking about it, Cheryl wants to help me open one and Toni will be a dance teacher along with myself" I tell him with a smile "I've got my eye on that old gym here on the southside, I want to turn it into a dance studio and that is why I was talking with Archie, I need someone to remodel the place" I explained "the serpents are always lookin for work and many are into construction just so you know and that includes me" Sweet Pea tells me "you're a construction worker" I said surprised "yeah gotta have a day job besides sit around in the Wyrm, running the wyrm is Jug's job I just invested with him" Sweet Pea explained.

"When you become Serpent King, you run the Wyrm and when your dad tried to buy it off us, we weren't having it so I helped Jug invest to keep it" he tells me and I smile "that's very generous of you" I said and Sweet Pea shrugs "Jug is family as for this place this is home away from home" he said to me and I grin "you say that like he's your brother from another mother" I said Jokingly and he gives me a serious look "he is, blood doesn't make you family, loyalty does" said Sweet Pea, it's probably the nicest and deepest thing he's ever said since we met. Then Sweet Pea changes the subject "so are you really going to try to open a dance studio" he asks me "that's why I work two jobs, not just for a shitty apartment but to help invest with Cheryl, I didn't go to college and my savings was taken from me by my own father, I don't want to be broke forever and I want a future and I love dancing more than I ever wanted to even go to some Ivy league school" I explain to him.