Chapter 6

P U R I T Y

It was finally Saturday, the beginning of my real weekend since Friday was full of studying and essay writing and I ended up forcing myself to sleep only once the clock passed three. Kade and I had texted on the phone a bit but not about anything exciting.

Rolling out of bed, I dragged my curtains open and let the afternoon sun shine in before stretching my limbs and yawning my way out of my room. "Morning Ives." Caroline greeted from the couch, the tv on and playing.

I walked in the kitchen and waved pathetically. "Morning. What time did you sleep?"

"Like ten." She shrugged, getting up from the couch and sitting on one of the bar stools. "I've been up for ages now. You do realise it's like, quarter-past-one, right?"

"I went to bed at three." I pouted, pouring milk and sugar into my coffee and giving it a good stir before bringing it to my lips for a sip. "I'm stressing about Paris. What if I don't get that internship?"

She shook her head at me. "You will! I know it, trust me, I can sense it. Give yourself some credit Ivy-Reese. They'd be stupid not to take you." Biting my lip, I sighed and looked at my best friend, silently asking for advice. "Lets just say- if you don't get in, what're your plans? Because my Ivy-Reese doesn't quit."

I hadn't actually thought about that- my heart was so set out on Paris, I didn't even think twice. "I'm not so sure, Care. Maybe London? They have a really good program there as well but... I don't know. I need to stop being so picky."

"You're not being picky." She tsk's at me, "You have a goal in mind and I think that's good. How long do you wanna stay in Paris for, again?"

"Ideally the whole second semester." I admitted, watching for Caroline's reaction. We hadn't really talked about me leaving or the actual downfall on that part. Care loved Cornell- she loved New York just like she loved Tag. I would never ask her to follow because her heart was set here: just like how mine was set elsewhere.

Caroline let out a breath. "Never thought about it that much. You sure that is what you wanna do, Ives?"

"Definitely." I didn't hesitate to answer. "I love New York but I just think I'll love the overseas even more. No, I'm sure I will. I'll always come back anyways- it'll just be for the last semester."

"Unless you choose to extend it." Care shrugs, telling the truth. She was right and I was unpredictable. "Either way I'm happy for you. I know this is what you've wanted since we were in middle school."

Grinning, I placed my cup of coffee down onto the table and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. Once we pulled away the doorbell rung and I looked at my best friend confusedly to which she shrugged in response. "Tag is coming over tonight so... I have no idea who that is. Do you mind getting it though? I wanna have a shower."

I nodded and we parted ways, Care going down the hallway as I made my way to the front door and unlocked it. There in front of me stood Kade in all his glory, a charming smile on his lips and his hands in his pockets. His ashy-brown hair looked unruly and a mess on top of his forehead but the playboy pulled it off. "What're you doing here, Kade?" I asked with a raise of the eyebrow, leaning against my doorframe.

"We're going out." He announced. I looked at him pointedly.

"I woke up like ten minutes ago." I deadpanned.