Chapter 22

P U R I T Y

"How do I look, Ives?" Kade asks as he looks at himself from the mirror, turning around to show me his fit. I smiled and nodded, taking in his fitting black dress shirt and black pants then casual shoes to go along with it. He looked good and I'm sure my parents would love it nonetheless.

"Really good. My parents are gonna love you, don't worry." I try to relax him, placing my palms on his chest. He gives me a nervous smile and allows me to look into how he was really feeling about tonight rather than the mask he was attempting to put on.

"Are you about ready to go, then?" Kade asks as I move past him and go into the bathroom.

"Just about." I tell him, picking up my lipgloss and puckering my lips to apply it. He comes to stand behind me, hands on my waist and chin resting on my shoulder. I smiled at him through the mirror then slid the gloss into my purse, holding his hand as he walked out the bathroom door.

We leave my room and make our way to the kitchen where Caroline is making some sort of dessert she discovered on Pinterest. Once she sees us she smiles, wiping her hands down on the tea towel then walking over to the door where we were stood. "Heading out now?"

"Yep." I smile, nodding and giving her a hug. We hug for a few seconds then pull away, and I watch as Care just smiles at Kade and waits for us to leave. He opens the door for us both and I wave goodbye to her, blowing a kiss then closing the door behind me once we were out.

After Wednesday night, I mostly forgot about what Alana had told us. Mostly. None of us even mentioned his name after that and I was very much grateful for that factor, otherwise I definitely would've gone crazy and stalked her social medias for more possible information. When the boys got home we were all still awake and I could tell by the slight tension in the room that the girls were waiting on if I was gonna bring it up- I didn't.

Instead, I let Kade hug me and we kissed as they joined us on the couch since we were starting a new movie. Caroline was on the floor and I certainly didn't miss the look she gave when she turned around and stared at him. He was oblivious to it but I noticed and gave her a smile, shaking my head slightly to let her know I was fine. After that, the movie went smoothly and everyone had a good night. It was fun overall despite earlier on.

I got the vibe that Caroline was iffy about Kade but tried her best not to show it. I knew she'd be out of this 'faze' in a few days since, well, she was never one to be very stubborn and there wasn't even evidence on him talking to her during the time we were talking.

We walked our usual route to his car in silence, not finding any point for a conversation until we were off and out of the campus car park. "Is there anything I should avoid talking about?" He asks nervously. I shake my head and smile, my hand resting atop of his on my thigh.

"I'd say my family is pretty relaxed and outgoing. You can talk about anything."

"Okay, okay." Kade notes. "Fuck- should I have picked up wine or some shit? Can we stop by a store and pick some up?"

I muffle a laugh and shake my head. "We're still underage, Kade. Relax. I promise you, I would've let you know if we had to bring anything. They've got it covered."

"Alright." He nods. "Speaking of ages- when's your birthday? I don't think we've ever brought it up."

"You're right," I acknowledge with a laugh, feeling stupid that I was dating someone who I didn't even know the birthday to. "It's June twenty-second. You?"